Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Color - Not Necessarily LDD ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nwonnell
721 Views, 2 Replies

Line Color - Not Necessarily LDD ?

I am wondering if anyone can help me with line/text color when plotted.

We frequently use aerials and images behind linework and text. The default ploting for the white color is black which is fine most of the time. However sometimes when plotting over images one can not see the linework/text when black. What I am after is having that linework/text appear white when plotted over images, kind of like a negative.

Is there a way to do that maneuver within the layer manager settings or somewhere else? Or does anybody have any bright ideas for what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance for the input. Much appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
OMCUSNR
in reply to: nwonnell

Not really.

If you are using Mtext, you could possibly select sections of text and make them a different color, but not the line work.

One thing I have found when using areials is to fade them 50%.  This gives you enough image to see, but not so much it starts overriding text & linework.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 3
smcgypsea
in reply to: nwonnell

we do this quite often, and fade the jpeg.

Also, when plotting, in the properties dialog of your plotter, there's a graphics category, with "merge control", choose Lines Overwrite. this makes your lines 'override' the photo and not blend with the colors of the photo. The only caveat, is that the hatches must be in the correct order, under the linework, but over the image, things behind the hatch will also get overridden.

hope this helps...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report