Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD w/Topcon GPS FC-100

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
claudiam
651 Views, 3 Replies

LDD w/Topcon GPS FC-100

We finally got a GPS system - Topcon - but big problems - can someone help?

1. We've had FC100 since Dec. 04 - nothing but problems with software and hardware. Jobs over 3000 pnts are impossible to work with. Can't edit raw data. Can't open downloaded files. (software crashes on the "read") Topcon Tools and Topcon Link are very unreliable for us. Many of our topo jobs are well over 10,000 pnts. Anyone else having problems and has anyone solved problems with this?
2. If I download from FC-100 with Topcon Link - any way LDD can edit raw data, localization, etc. to make point info reliable? (Topcon software keeps crashing) or with the Survey module?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: claudiam

I wish I could help you more, but we use Trimble here. However, here, we dump and adjust the points all in our Trimble software, and then export the points to a fieldbook. Then we import the fieldbook into LDD with no problems. "claudiam" wrote in message news:18206593.1110299880170.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We finally got a GPS system - Topcon - but big problems - can someone > help? > > 1. We've had FC100 since Dec. 04 - nothing but problems with software and > hardware. Jobs over 3000 pnts are impossible to work with. Can't edit > raw data. Can't open downloaded files. (software crashes on the "read") > Topcon Tools and Topcon Link are very unreliable for us. Many of our topo > jobs are well over 10,000 pnts. Anyone else having problems and has > anyone solved problems with this? > 2. If I download from FC-100 with Topcon Link - any way LDD can edit raw > data, localization, etc. to make point info reliable? (Topcon software > keeps crashing) or with the Survey module?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, I would go to Topcon with a good lawyer. You seem to have bought a pile of junk. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "claudiam" wrote in message news:18206593.1110299880170.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We finally got a GPS system - Topcon - but big problems - can someone help? > > 1. We've had FC100 since Dec. 04 - nothing but problems with software and hardware. Jobs over 3000 pnts are impossible to work with. Can't edit raw data. Can't open downloaded files. (software crashes on the "read") Topcon Tools and Topcon Link are very unreliable for us. Many of our topo jobs are well over 10,000 pnts. Anyone else having problems and has anyone solved problems with this? > 2. If I download from FC-100 with Topcon Link - any way LDD can edit raw data, localization, etc. to make point info reliable? (Topcon software keeps crashing) or with the Survey module?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

We use older topcon (gavad) with a ranger and TDS survey pro. No problems at all. Have you tried the software on a different pc? Does topocon have a user group? Have you tried RPLS.COM? Lots of surveyors there. Good Luck, Robert "claudiam" wrote in message news:18206593.1110299880170.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We finally got a GPS system - Topcon - but big problems - can someone > help? > > 1. We've had FC100 since Dec. 04 - nothing but problems with software and > hardware. Jobs over 3000 pnts are impossible to work with. Can't edit > raw data. Can't open downloaded files. (software crashes on the "read") > Topcon Tools and Topcon Link are very unreliable for us. Many of our topo > jobs are well over 10,000 pnts. Anyone else having problems and has > anyone solved problems with this? > 2. If I download from FC-100 with Topcon Link - any way LDD can edit raw > data, localization, etc. to make point info reliable? (Topcon software > keeps crashing) or with the Survey module?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report