Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD 2009 Can't Read Alignment Database

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
juliarh
705 Views, 0 Replies

LDD 2009 Can't Read Alignment Database

I suspect this problem is less of an AutoDesk problem and more of a Microsoft problem.  But there are some smart people on these forums, I'm hoping somebody has a solution.

In 2005 my company started design of a road 3.1 miles long.  Before the first submittal, the client shortened it to 3/4 mile.  They are now asking us for as much design info as we can give them on the remaining road.  The project was done in LDD (I don't know which version).

I have been unable to find any linework from before the project was shortened.  But it appears the LDD data is all still intact.  I opened the project in LDD 2009, tried to list the alignments, and got a message that there are no alignments.  I tried to open the alignment database with Access 2013 and got a message that it can't open a database created with an earlier version of access.  I suspect this version conflict is the reason LDD 2009 can't read the database.

I finally imported the whole project into Civil 3D, and found the correct alignment and profile there.  But if I can get LDD to open that alignment, I might be able to access cross sections.  And I might be able to import edge of pavement and daylight lines from the cross sections.  (Unfortunately, you can't import cross sections to Civil 3D).

Does anybody know how I might get LDD 2009 to read that alignment database?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report