Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD 2006 and C3d2006

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
227 Views, 2 Replies

LDD 2006 and C3d2006

Hello I just recieved C3d 2006, C3d Land Desktop companion 2006, and Civil Design 3d Companion 2006.

Since Autodesk likes to not include installation instructions, I went ahead and installed C3d first, then LDD, then the C3d Companion.

Upon my first Run of LDD, I noticed the "File" menu tab was missing. On top of this, I only had 5 or 6 other menu tabs showing: "Edit", "Windows", "Tools", "Express", and "Help".

So, no "File", "Projects", or any other tabs...

Corrupt installation perhaps? I would like to be able to switch into Civil mode pretty easily.. should I attempt to reinstall? Because I dont want this to mess up further down the line by bandaid'ing it today.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I know it may be a pain to reinstall everything, but that is what I would do since it's acting crazy right off the bat. I like to play it safe by installing Land first, authorizing it, then installing Civil Design and then last the Civil 3d. There should be install instructions or a read me file on your install CD somewhere. I haven't received all of my new 2006 software yet, just the survey module. I don't know why Autodesk ships each module separately.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Guys, if you don't have answer don't blame others or try to find answer. You are blaming others because of your inability to take up that work.
Make sure that you are not violating DG policies??????

Try the following:
Launch Land Desktop Companion 2006
1. Go to Undocked space (refer Land_Workspace_Toolbar.jpg) right click and make sure that Land is listed in the context menu.
2. If Land Land is listed, then go to ACAD -> click on Workspace (refer Land_Workspace_Toolbar.jpg).
3. Notice you will find Workspace toolbar, in that select either "Land Dekstop" or "Land Desktop Complete" workspace.

Else you have not loaded Land.cui and you have only loaded acad.cui, follow the below steps to load Land.cui:
4. On command prompt type MENULOAD
5. In "Load/Unload Customization" dialog box, select "Land", click on Unload. If Land is not listed then select "ACAD", click on Unload.
6. Click on Browse and browse to C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Land Desktop 2006\R16.2\enu\Support
7. Select Land.cui, click on "Open" -> "Load" -> "Close"
Still you are unable to find Land menus and then repeat the steps from 1 to 3.
Note: From 2006 onwards, I have observed Autodesk has changed the working environment. Now the option is workspace-> is the environment where you can customize the environment by adding user defined menus, toolbars, shortcuts etc.,. This can be saved as CUI (Customized User Interface) and it XML based more flexible. Since this is new you may be finding a little diffculities.

Let me know if the issue still exists.

Cheers,
Kashyap

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report