Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LD 2005 Prompts to Recover Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
168 Views, 3 Replies

LD 2005 Prompts to Recover Drawings

After upgrading LD 2004 to LD 2005, when I open most of my drawings, it prompts me to recover the drawing. If I let it continue to open, everything still works fine. If I tell it to cancel the open, and recover the drawing, I still get the same error after I open the recovered drawing. We never had this type of problem until we installed LD 2005. These drawings open and run fine on machines running LD 2004 with NO LD 2005 installed. However, if I try to open the file in LD 2004 on a machine that has LD 2005 installed, I get the same error. It seems that LD 2005 is definitely causing this error. The subscription support center has been working on this problem for about a week now, with no results. I was just wondering if anybody else was having this problem.
Thanks
Brooks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Brooks, Do you have 2004 and 2005 on the same machine and, if so, did you follow the pathing instructions in the readme file? Bud Miller www.BudCAD.com "dunganeng" wrote in message news:29534665.1084364401359.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > After upgrading LD 2004 to LD 2005, when I open most of my drawings, it prompts me to recover the drawing. If I let it continue to open, everything still works fine. If I tell it to cancel the open, and recover the drawing, I still get the same error after I open the recovered drawing. We never had this type of problem until we installed LD 2005. These drawings open and run fine on machines running LD 2004 with NO LD 2005 installed. However, if I try to open the file in LD 2004 on a machine that has LD 2005 installed, I get the same error. It seems that LD 2005 is definitely causing this error. The subscription support center has been working on this problem for about a week now, with no results. I was just wondering if anybody else was having this problem. > Thanks > Brooks
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Originally, I did have LD 2004 and LD 2005 installed on the same machine. Since I was having this problem, I uninstalled both versions, and now I only have LD 2005 installed. I did not follow the pathing instructions when I did either install. Do you think I need to do it now that I only have LD 2005 installed?
Thanks
Brooks
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I believe it only applies when you have 2004 and 2005 on at the same time. If you removed both and reinstalled 2005 it's probably not an issue. Bud Miller www.BudCAD.com "dunganeng" wrote in message news:31032509.1084381834692.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Originally, I did have LD 2004 and LD 2005 installed on the same machine. Since I was having this problem, I uninstalled both versions, and now I only have LD 2005 installed. I did not follow the pathing instructions when I did either install. Do you think I need to do it now that I only have LD 2005 installed? > Thanks > Brooks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report