8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
winslowkr
473 Views, 8 Replies

LandXML Legal writer

So far I have an output that looks like this

THENCE NORTH 9000 EAST, 154.59 FEET;
THENCE SOUTH 40024 EAST, 114.36 FEET;
THENCE NORTHEASTERLY ALONG A CURVE CONCAVE NORTHERLY WHOSE RADIUS IS 41.18 FEET, WHOSE ARC LENGTH IS 177.21 FEET AND WHOSE CHORD BEARS NORTH 164237 EAST , 68.84 FEET;
THENCE NORTH 472622 WEST, 94.70 FEET;
THENCE SOUTH 85526 WEST, 156.88 FEET;
THENCE SOUTH 345339 WEST, 37.90 FEET;

TO THE POINT OF BEGINNING AND CONTAINING 0.36 ACRES (15535 SQUARE FEET).

PROPERTY SUBJECT TO ANY AND ALL EASEMENTS OF RECORD.

I would like to get ride of the , , and replace them with °, “,’ any ideas? I can’t find any examples elsewhere in landxml to go with. I would also like to add a 0 in front of any bearing measurement that only has one digit such as SOUTH 85526 WEST. In the end I would like my bearing measurements to look like this, SOUTH 85°52’06” WEST. Any help you could provide would be great.

Thanks

Kevin Winslow
Draftsman
Civil Design Advantage
PH:515-369-4400 ext. (133)
FAX: 515-369-4410
kevinwinslow@civildesignadvantage.com
www.civildesignadvantage.com
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
winslowkr
in reply to: winslowkr

not real sure why it's all crossed out but what i get for my bearings right now is North 56 < D > 55 < M >3 < S > West and what i want is North 56°55'03" west any ideas no how to get there?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

In VBA there is a "Replace" command.

sString = Replace (sString, "D", "°")

--

Laurie Comerford
CADApps
www.cadapps.com.au

wrote in message news:5119522@discussion.autodesk.com...
not real sure why it's all crossed out but what i get for my bearings right
now is North 56 < D > 55 < M >3 < S > West and what i want is North
56°55'03" west any ideas no how to get there?
Message 4 of 9
winslowkr

VBA? new to "programing".
when i try and replace the "< d >", "< m >", " < s >" with the "°", " ' ", " " " the in the xml scripts\general_formating.xls file i get an error in landxml.
i do have a word macro that can find and replace them but i would like to take that step out.

also i would like 0's to be added in fount of signal digit numbers. such as 06°05'03".
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Are you working with the standard Reports that ship with Civil and Land?
These already do much of what you are looking for.

Regards,

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
winslowkr

THENCE NORTH 90< D >0< M >0< S > EAST, 154.59 FEET;
THENCE SOUTH 40< D >0< M >24< S > EAST, 114.36 FEET;
THENCE NORTHEASTERLY ALONG A CURVE CONCAVE NORTHERLY WHOSE RADIUS IS 41.18 FEET, WHOSE ARC LENGTH IS 177.21 FEET AND WHOSE CHORD BEARS NORTH 16< D >42< M >37< S > EAST, 68.84 FEET;
THENCE NORTH 47< D >26< M >22< S > WEST, 94.70 FEET;
THENCE SOUTH 85< D >52< M >6< S > WEST, 156.88 FEET;
THENCE SOUTH 34< D >53< M >39< S > WEST, 37.90 FEET;
TO THE POINT OF BEGINNING AND CONTAINING 0.36 ACRES (15535 SQUARE FEET)

This is an exact copy of what I now get out of my landxml report. I have gone in and modified many of the standard scripts that come with xml such as; having NORTH to instead of N and getting a direction, NORTHWESTERLY Ect. , for the curve instead a left or right. I also wrote an addition so that I get a direction that the curve is concave. All things trying to take the human element out of writing legal descriptions for easements, plats so no, witch is what I use it for.
The files that I modified are general_formatting.xsl, h_curve_calculations.xsl, plan_comp_jscripts.xsl. I also copied the metesbounds.xsl file and modified it to get an out put to get and output that is more like the legal descriptions that would normally type by hand. The last few things that I am asking for hear are really just format but would again help take a few steps out of the final product I’m looking for. I would be happy to send a copy of the files I modified to you to look over if you would like.

Thanks again
Kevin Winslow Message was edited by: winslowkr
Message 7 of 9
winslowkr

how can I get Landxml to visualize these symbols ° ‘ “ ect.?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I was wondering if someone can tell me what variable i need in my XML file to get the concave direction of my curves.
Thanks you.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I'm simply trying to figure out how to export legal descriptions in the first place. It seems that there are some commercial products (ex. MapWorks Legals) but how do you create text based on linework or parcels in the first place?

For example, you have a line, or a series of polylines, and you want to label it something like what you said:
THENCE SOUTH 40024 EAST, 114.36 FEET;

THENCE NORTHEASTERLY ALONG A CURVE CONCAVE NORTHERLY WHOSE RADIUS IS 41.18 FEET, WHOSE ARC LENGTH IS 177.21 FEET AND WHOSE CHORD BEARS NORTH 164237 EAST , 68.84 FEET;
How did you even get that much?

No. I don't program VBA. I'm a relative n00b to stuff like that.

Keyphrases:
export legals create legals legal descriptions linework lines polylines create text descriptions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report