Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Development Desktop R2 running on Windows XP

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Bridgitt
2165 Views, 10 Replies

Land Development Desktop R2 running on Windows XP

I recently installed Windows XP and cannot install Land Development Desktop Release 2. I understand they are not compatible. Are their any patches out there so I can run Release 2 on Xp? Can anyone help?

Bridgitt Lincoln
Bohren and Bohren Assoc. Inc
Flemington, NJ
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Bridgitt

Hello Bridgitt, Unfortunately there is no compatibility between Land Development Desktop R2 and Windows XP. There are no planned patches to support this combination. Land Development Desktop R2 is compatible with Windows 2000. Regards, Michael Caruso Autodesk Product Support "Bridgitt" wrote in message news:18969508.1081522985029.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I recently installed Windows XP and cannot install Land Development Desktop Release 2. I understand they are not compatible. Are their any patches out there so I can run Release 2 on Xp? Can anyone help? > > Bridgitt Lincoln > Bohren and Bohren Assoc. Inc > Flemington, NJ
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I ran R2 on windows XP with no problem. What error message are you getting? If I rember it was not a straight forward install but I did get it to work. Robert "Bridgitt" wrote in message news:18969508.1081522985029.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I recently installed Windows XP and cannot install Land Development Desktop Release 2. I understand they are not compatible. Are their any patches out there so I can run Release 2 on Xp? Can anyone help? > > Bridgitt Lincoln > Bohren and Bohren Assoc. Inc > Flemington, NJ
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I think you have to create an icon of the setup.exe and then run it in Win 98 compatibility mode. You also have to use Win98 compatability for the land Desktop icon. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator Robert Martin wrote: > I ran R2 on windows XP with no problem. > What error message are you getting? > If I rember it was not a straight forward install but I did get it to work. > > Robert > >
Message 5 of 11
NewtonW

Heres how I got it to install on XP Pro.
Insert the CD and right click "Setup.exe" in the CD root, select "Properties", click the "Compatability" folder, place a check in the "Run this program in compatability mode for:"
click the down arrow just under that and select "Windows 2000".
Message 6 of 11
Bridgitt

Thank you
I'm going to try it!
Bridgitt Lincoln
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

1. Click your START button. 2. Select PROGRAMS 3. Select ACCESSORIES 4. Click PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY WIZARD Follow the prompts to "I want to locate the program manually" and select the setup.exe file on the CDROM drive. Install using Windows 2000 compatibility. Rich "Bridgitt" wrote in message news:18969508.1081522985029.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I recently installed Windows XP and cannot install Land Development Desktop Release 2. I understand they are not compatible. Are their any patches out there so I can run Release 2 on Xp? Can anyone help? > > Bridgitt Lincoln > Bohren and Bohren Assoc. Inc > Flemington, NJ
Message 8 of 11
Bridgitt

It worked!
Thank you
Message 9 of 11
dfarris75

I installed ldd r2 on two new machines w/xp pro using the program compatibility wizard. they seem to work fairly well except now and then when we try to save a drawing it will say "unable to save drawing -such and such-" and will create a .tmp file. After that it will let you save again though. It's strange.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, Not really. This an example of the sorts of stray behaviour that are introduced by combinations of code and operating systems. When Autodesk do their quality control work for an O/S they find these things and on the whole remove them. By choosing an O/S where this has not been done you have become the beta tester, with the clear knowledge that the bugs you find will never be fixed. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "dfarris75" wrote in message news:6389491.1085693882806.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I installed ldd r2 on two new machines w/xp pro using the program compatibility wizard. they seem to work fairly well except now and then when we try to save a drawing it will say "unable to save drawing -such and such-" and will create a .tmp file. After that it will let you save again though. It's strange.
Message 11 of 11
gbalk3986

I know this topic is 6 years old but thought you could help. I lost my CD for LDD R2 and want to load from an old computer via hard drive. LDD R2 was originally installed in a OS 98 machine. I'm now on XP. I was able to transfer the program but it won't load up. I think I need the setup file (setup.exe). Do you know where I can get it or if that would even work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums