cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
242 Views, 3 Replies

Land Desktop

We have just installed R2007. Everything was working fine until I decided to create my own profile. The next time that I booted up I got the Autocad message: Base.dcl Can't find file. I pressed OK and got the next Autocad message: error loading dialog control file pressed ok and another error message and on and on until finally the software loaded but missing a lot of components I am guessing. I remember this in R2005 and we had to alter the wording in some file. I tried to do that but there is no such file in R2007 or I am looking in the wrong place. Thank you for any help Derek
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

voetsak wrote:
> We have just installed R2007. Everything was working fine until I decided to create my own profile. The next time that I booted up I got the Autocad message: Base.dcl Can't find file. I pressed OK and got the next Autocad message: error loading dialog control file pressed ok and another error message and on and on until finally the software loaded but missing a lot of components I am guessing. I remember this in R2005 and we had to alter the wording in some file. I tried to do that but there is no such file in R2007 or I am looking in the wrong place. Thank you for any help Derek
After all the discussion over almost the past month here voetsak, I'm
highly surprised that the resellers haven't gotten the word from
"headquarters" to advocate that their clients postpone the installation
of 2K7 until after the often-discussed, but so-far unreleased Service
Pack IS released.

Any chance you might be able to go back to whichever release you had
prior to installing 2K7?

--
Don Reichle
"The only thing worse
than training your staff,
and having them leave is -
not training your staff,
and having them stay."
Courtesy Graphics Solution Providers
----------------------------------------------------------
!! Please discuss whatever we tell you with your SysMgr !!
!! They appreciate staying in the loop 🙂 !!

LDT/CD-2K4
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 2.01GHz
XPPro 32bit SP2
2GB RAM
Dual WD800JD Hard Drives - 149GB Nvidia Stripe
Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 128MB
Dual ViewSonic 19-inch VA902b monitors
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

"After all the discussion over almost the past month here voetsak, I'm highly surprised that the resellers haven't gotten the word from "headquarters" to advocate that their clients postpone the installation of 2K7 until after the often-discussed, but so-far unreleased Service Pack IS released."

Hey Don,
My reseller worked with me on this. I just had to order a few more seats and requested LDT 2006. After the initial, Why! Huh!, as they were either unaware of any problems, or just didn't want to admit it, they got me the seats of 2006. Actually, what happened was they (AutoDesk) sent me codes that allowed me to install using any LDT 2006 disc I had in-house, then they sent me LDT 2007 discs for whenever I was ready to move forward (I know. I'm using the term loosly) So, I was fairly happy about it.

-Newton
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

NewtonW wrote:
> "After all the discussion over almost the past month here voetsak, I'm highly surprised that the resellers haven't gotten the word from "headquarters" to advocate that their clients postpone the installation of 2K7 until after the often-discussed, but so-far unreleased Service Pack IS released."
>
> Hey Don,
> My reseller worked with me on this. I just had to order a few more seats and requested LDT 2006. After the initial, Why! Huh!, as they were either unaware of any problems, or just didn't want to admit it, they got me the seats of 2006. Actually, what happened was they (AutoDesk) sent me codes that allowed me to install using any LDT 2006 disc I had in-house, then they sent me LDT 2007 discs for whenever I was ready to move forward (I know. I'm using the term loosly) So, I was fairly happy about it.
>
> -Newton
Thanks Newton, I'm very glad to hear that at least one reseller is on
the "proper" track. 😉

I'm sure there are more out there operating along these lines, but there
may just not be a majority of their Client's that utilize this forum.

And maybe that just proves how good a job they're doing!

--
Don Reichle
"The only thing worse
than training your staff,
and having them leave is -
not training your staff,
and having them stay."
Courtesy Graphics Solution Providers
----------------------------------------------------------
!! Please discuss whatever we tell you with your SysMgr !!
!! They appreciate staying in the loop 🙂 !!

LDT/CD-2K4
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 2.01GHz
XPPro 32bit SP2
2GB RAM
Dual WD800JD Hard Drives - 149GB Nvidia Stripe
Nvidia Quadro FX 1300 128MB
Dual ViewSonic 19-inch VA902b monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report