AutoCAD Land Desktop

AutoCAD Land Desktop

themindfuerzainfinita
Message 1 of 2 (928 Views)

Land Desktop Development 2i: Splitting a polyline

928 Views, 1 Replies
05-16-2012 07:29 AM

I just joined the site.

I am working on a small water network, 50 miles.

What I have are polylines defining the layout of the network and data points (x,y, z) defining features such as fire hydrants, water valves etc.

I need to split the polylines at the water valves and fire hydrants but I don’t want to do it one by one. Is there a way to tell AutoCad to split a line everywhere where it finds a data point?

Thank you very much for your help.

gilbert.grape61
Message 2 of 2 (898 Views)

Re: Land Desktop Development 2i: Splitting a polyline

06-08-2012 08:12 AM in reply to: themindfuerzainfinita

The only thing I can tell you, is that you can't. You have to break your lines individually, using the break command or change your linetype to dashed, center, phantom so that the line is already broken for you. I can't promise it will go through all your fire hydrants though. Best of luck!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.