Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Desktop corrupting when saving

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rettig.nick.m
977 Views, 1 Reply

Land Desktop corrupting when saving

I have more and more recently been encountering a problem where I open a drawing in LD2005 at the beginning of the day, will work til lunch and finish up, save by opening a new drawing and telling LD to save the open drawing. However, when I return to open it later in the day to make revisions randomly, files seem to become corrupt. Looking at the file size before and after it appears to stop overwriting the old file leaving a partially saved drawing (e.g. 8mb of an original 11.6mb file.). Further, LD doesnt seem to be properly creating an autosave or backup despite telling it where to save autosaves, and to make them every 5 minutes. The closest error I have is when I open a "corrupt" drawing over a blank drawing1.dwg file, LD will make a statement about drawing1.dwg not being associated with a project (why would a blank dwg that is just a template need a project file) and when I select dont associate it stops loading the corrupt file and I'm left with a blank drawing1.dwg on my screen.

What is causing LD to not complete the overwriting/saving process leading to a partial file that overwrites the old one causing us to constantly lose work and have to redraw work that already had hald a day spent on it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rkmcswain
in reply to: rettig.nick.m

Make sure ISAVEPERCENT = 0

Run the ._QSAVE command twice before trying to exit the drawing.

Don't rely on the "Do you want to save changes" prompt.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report