Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAND DESKTOP 2009

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
EDKATHYGENE67
1090 Views, 4 Replies

LAND DESKTOP 2009

IS LAND DESKTOP BEING PHASE OUT ? WE  LOVE USING THIS SOFTWARE, considering it more user friendly, this software solves our problem in the field for simple subdivision and execution, !

Please reply...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OMCUSNR
in reply to: EDKATHYGENE67

Yes, LDC is no longer supported by ADSK.  With the release of C3d 2010, there ceased to be support for the Land Desktop Companion.

Current software is Civil 3d 2011.  It takes a good bit of retraining, but once you get used to it, C3d is kinda fun.  Lots of power & flexibility, but a steep learning curve, as many older routines are no longer available, and the flexibility of styles can drive you nuts for awhile.

If you need to upgrade, I HIGHLY recommend taking a traing class as the MOST COST EFFECTIVE way of getting up and running with C3d.  I know it costs money, but its well spent, and will lessen the frustration load a great deal.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 5

cost effective trainning? that exists?

Message 4 of 5

For Civil 3D. Yes. Without training you can spend months fumbling aroung and still not get it any where near right.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

If you can find a local  or regional Community College, they often will have a three day class for about $600.  Even $1200 for one or two people in the office can provide a huge amount of timesaving and release of frustration in getting up to speed with C3d.

At the very least, figure on shutting down for 3 days and do the exercises w/out answering the phone or any interuptions from clients or other staff to really begin to be able to use C3d.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report