Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Desktop 2004

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Macleod
3816 Views, 3 Replies

Land Desktop 2004

I reinstalled Land Desktop 2004. Now when I start up, I get and error "Autodesk Map Error - 3105 error writing to acadmap.sys file" And it kicks me out of the program. I tried reinstalling and repairing. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Macleod

Uninstall LDD and Map, and totally remove any reference to such out of your registry. Then reboot and reinstall. That should fix your problem. "Macleod" wrote in message news:6280506.1110298386454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I reinstalled Land Desktop 2004. Now when I start up, I get and error >"Autodesk Map Error - 3105 error writing to acadmap.sys file" And it kicks >me out of the program. I tried reinstalling and repairing. Nothing seems >to work. Any suggestions.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=2475323 will tell you how to really clean out all instances of previous installs. "Macleod" wrote in message news:6280506.1110298386454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I reinstalled Land Desktop 2004. Now when I start up, I get and error >"Autodesk Map Error - 3105 error writing to acadmap.sys file" And it kicks >me out of the program. I tried reinstalling and repairing. Nothing seems >to work. Any suggestions.
Message 4 of 4
mtman2

Hello. I have Civil Series 2004 which includes Land Desktop and I got the same error. I installed it on a Windows 7 Pro machine. What I did is i installed the program and before i took the it off my older computer (luckily), I copied the acadmap.sys file from the installed program and put it into the C:\program files (*86)\Civil Series 2004 directory (in your case likely the Land Desktop 2004 directory) on the new machine manually. The CD that I have did not have the file that you could copy directly, so I found it installed on the old computer from the old installation.

Things seem to be working ok.

Hope this helps! : )

Not sure, but if you can't get that to work or already uninstalled from your old machine and still need the acadmap.sys file I could also email it too you. I would guess it would be the same file. I looked at the file with note pad and all that is in it is 0 1 0 0 1e-008 on one line. Not sure if you can just make one up in a text program and name the file acadmap.sys with this information in it, but that might work too.

Good luck!

- Mtman2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums