Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Desktop 2004 in Windows 7... crashing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3572 Views, 1 Reply

Land Desktop 2004 in Windows 7... crashing

I just got a new computer and installed my copy of land desktop 2004. about 75 percent of the time when i try to open the program (or a drawing) i get an error message that says

"FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x1592fd0c Exception at 774be23eh"

The numbers seem to changed every crash,

Can someone tell me how i would go about finding a solution. or know what the problem might be.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JerlMay
in reply to: Anonymous

not sure if '04 is "too old" or not, but this worked with '06. you need to go to make the main .exe run as an administrator. easy way to do that is to go to start -> all programs -> autodesk -> land desk (your version), and right click on the exe launcher (probably AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2004 or similar). select "open file location", which will natually open the main folder it was installed to. the correct file should already be selected (highlighted), but in case its not, it should be acad.exe or similar and have the land desk icon (not the xlm file that looks the same, this one is the application). right click the file and go to the compatibility tab. at the bottom you will see "run this prog as an admin". put a check next to it and click "OK". then try to run it again. as i said before, i havent ran that version, but this works for '06. good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report