AutoCAD Land Desktop

AutoCAD Land Desktop

*Todd W
Message 1 of 3 (79 Views)

In process of switching to ldd2005. Do we...?

79 Views, 2 Replies
02-14-2005 01:17 PM
Should we convert to stb plot styles versus the ctb we currently use? Is it a problem with all the layers that are automatically created in LDD? What does everybody else do/prefer? Thanks, Todd
*Mike Norton
Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: In process of switching to ldd2005. Do we...?

02-14-2005 01:46 PM in reply to: *Todd W
I think STBs have a slight advantage over CTBs but that is definitely not reflected by the number of users. The overwhelming majority of my clients prefer CTBs. No, it should not be a problem layers automatically created by Land Desktop. "Todd W" wrote in message news:4211155b$1_3@newsprd01... > Should we convert to stb plot styles versus the ctb we currently use? Is > it a problem with all the layers that are automatically created in LDD? > > What does everybody else do/prefer? > > Thanks, > Todd >
*cadguy
Message 3 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: In process of switching to ldd2005. Do we...?

02-17-2005 07:16 AM in reply to: *Todd W
The stb files are easier to use but most companies continue to use ctb since all their blocks, pre 2000 drawings and templates were created using ctb. If I had a choice and was starting from scratch I would use stb. The conversion from ctb to stb for the blocks does not take that much effort. Your templates would have to be converted as well. I have attached a simple yet effect stb file. Gordon "Todd W" wrote in message news:4211155b$1_3@newsprd01... > Should we convert to stb plot styles versus the ctb we currently use? Is > it > a problem with all the layers that are automatically created in LDD? > > What does everybody else do/prefer? > > Thanks, > Todd > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.