AutoCAD Land Desktop

AutoCAD Land Desktop

In process of switching to ldd2005. Do we...?

85 Views, 2 Replies
02-14-2005 01:17 PM
Should we convert to stb plot styles versus the ctb we currently use? Is it a problem with all the layers that are automatically created in LDD? What does everybody else do/prefer? Thanks, Todd
*Mike Norton
Post 2 of 3

Re: In process of switching to ldd2005. Do we...?

02-14-2005 01:46 PM in reply to: *Todd W
I think STBs have a slight advantage over CTBs but that is definitely not reflected by the number of users. The overwhelming majority of my clients prefer CTBs. No, it should not be a problem layers automatically created by Land Desktop. "Todd W" wrote in message news:4211155b$1_3@newsprd01... > Should we convert to stb plot styles versus the ctb we currently use? Is > it a problem with all the layers that are automatically created in LDD? > > What does everybody else do/prefer? > > Thanks, > Todd >

Re: In process of switching to ldd2005. Do we...?

02-17-2005 07:16 AM in reply to: *Todd W
The stb files are easier to use but most companies continue to use ctb since all their blocks, pre 2000 drawings and templates were created using ctb. If I had a choice and was starting from scratch I would use stb. The conversion from ctb to stb for the blocks does not take that much effort. Your templates would have to be converted as well. I have attached a simple yet effect stb file. Gordon "Todd W" wrote in message news:4211155b$1_3@newsprd01... > Should we convert to stb plot styles versus the ctb we currently use? Is > it > a problem with all the layers that are automatically created in LDD? > > What does everybody else do/prefer? > > Thanks, > Todd > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post