Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing COGO points?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
334 Views, 7 Replies

Importing COGO points?

Good evening, I'm writing to find out if someone can give me an idea how to get Land Desktop to read cogo points from a drw file. Thanks for your assistance. ervin
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ervin, What is a drw file ? How are cogo points documented in this file ? -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Ervin Battle" wrote in message news:4134e765_3@newsprd01... > Good evening, > I'm writing to find out if someone can give me an idea how to get > Land Desktop to read cogo points from a drw file. Thanks for your > assistance. > > ervin > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Are you sure it's a .drw file? That file type is typically created by Pro Engineer (ProE), a Mechanical product... Unless I'm mistaken ProE can write an AutoCAD r14 or 2000 .dwg file - might give you half a chance of creating point data...the resultant points can be converted to Land Desktop point objects - if ProE IS the program used to create your file. FYI: I've seen ProE used to digitize as-builts of mechanical pieces and parts - bring the point spread into Land Desktop and use the COGO routines to "Best Fit" lines and curves and clean up the data - but it's not the prettiest of processes...right tool for the right job. Thanks for the brain tickle! sm -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "Ervin Battle" wrote in message news:4134e765_3@newsprd01... > Good evening, > I'm writing to find out if someone can give me an idea how to get > Land Desktop to read cogo points from a drw file. Thanks for your > assistance. > > ervin > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Wow...i guess you can tell it was the end of the day hahaha. what i meant was a dwg file. I personally am nottoo familiar with the software so if the answer is totedious i completely understand. thanks for you help, ervin
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

> get > Land Desktop to read cogo points from a drw [dwg] file. what do you mean by 'read'? Do you mean list, properties, or do you want to export the points to a file? what type of entities are in the drawing? AutoCAD points, Civil Points Objects, or Softdesk Point Blocks? If they are civil point objects, then are they in your project database? What version are you using? Russell
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

LOL Well hey, if you ever need to work with a ProE drawing, you'll have a head-start! ;) sm -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "Ervin Battle" wrote in message news:4135d423$1_3@newsprd01... > Wow...i guess you can tell it was the end of the day hahaha. what i > meant was a dwg file. I personally am nottoo familiar with the software > so if the answer is totedious i completely understand. > > thanks for you help, > ervin > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for the response.We're using LDD 3 and are trying to export the point information from the dwg to the project point database. They are LDD point objects. Thanks "Russell Dieges" wrote in message news:4135e0a1$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > get > > Land Desktop to read cogo points from a drw [dwg] file. > > what do you mean by 'read'? Do you mean list, properties, or do you want to > export the points to a file? > > what type of entities are in the drawing? AutoCAD points, Civil Points > Objects, or Softdesk Point Blocks? > > If they are civil point objects, then are they in your project database? > > What version are you using? > > > Russell > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, [Points][Check Points][Modify Project] You can see the importance of asking clear questions. Several people wanted to help you but couldn't because they didn't know what you wanted. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Ervin Battle" wrote in message news:4136275f_1@newsprd01... > Thanks for the response.We're using LDD 3 and are trying to > export the point information from the dwg to the project point > database. They are LDD point objects. > > Thanks > > > "Russell Dieges" wrote in message > news:4135e0a1$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > > > > get > > > Land Desktop to read cogo points from a drw [dwg] file. > > > > what do you mean by 'read'? Do you mean list, properties, or do you want > to > > export the points to a file? > > > > what type of entities are in the drawing? AutoCAD points, Civil Points > > Objects, or Softdesk Point Blocks? > > > > If they are civil point objects, then are they in your project database? > > > > What version are you using? > > > > > > Russell > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report