Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge file - slow operation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
176 Views, 1 Reply

Huge file - slow operation

I have a file with 10 different alingments in which each one needs a plan and profile sheet. Therefore, I have 30 sheets. What is the best way to reduce the size of my file so it will run faster? If I open my plan and profile sheets in another drawing and xref the baseplan in I can't update my frames if they need to be because I can't select a current alignment or profile? Any advice? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Jambruins" wrote in message news:29774172.1083693388893.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a file with 10 different alingments in which each one needs a plan and profile sheet. Therefore, I have 30 sheets. What is the best way to reduce the size of my file so it will run faster? If I open my plan and profile sheets in another drawing and xref the baseplan in I can't update my frames if they need to be because I can't select a current alignment or profile? Any advice? Thanks. Yes you can, you can reference an alignment in any drawing thats in the same project. When it asks you to select the alignment, just hit enter and a dialog box will pop up with a list of all defined alignments, just highlight the one you want and hit ok. Profiles on the other hand ... you have to be in the drawing where the profile is. David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report