Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if SP1 for LD2005 installed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
286 Views, 4 Replies

How to check if SP1 for LD2005 installed

Is there a way to verify that SP1 for LD2005 was installed successfully? I got mixed messages when I installed it. Can I just try to install it again or will it create problems?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey ksg; I would think that since they used this convention back in LDT3, that the same would hold true for 2005. A new twist on the "hide in plain sight" maxim. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "ksg" wrote in message news:15826435.1108826722142.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to verify that SP1 for LD2005 was installed successfully? I got mixed messages when I installed it. Can I just try to install it again or will it create problems? > Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Don: I suspect the emphasis on KSG's question is on "successfully" rather than just the notice that it has been installed. Does the SP 1 notice give any credence to it being successful? I am just wondering, myself, not trying to start anything. Bill "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:4217c5c3_2@newsprd01... Hey ksg; I would think that since they used this convention back in LDT3, that the same would hold true for 2005. A new twist on the "hide in plain sight" maxim. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "ksg" wrote in message news:15826435.1108826722142.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to verify that SP1 for LD2005 was installed successfully? I got mixed messages when I installed it. Can I just try to install it again or will it create problems? > Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hey Bill; I guess that you would have to use the old cliche, "The proof is in the pudding." Have the issues listed in the Readme in the SP been resolved or do they remain? I think that if you find them still hanging round, then you might want to run the SP again. But if IIRC you would then need to return to the condition of the app prior to running the SP. Don't you get a gentle reminder that the SP has already been run? I would think the only recourse at that point would be a complete Uninstall, Reinstall and run the SP once again. Maybe KSG will elaborate on the "mixed messages" received during the installation of the SP? -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "wfb" wrote in message news:4218a403$1_1@newsprd01... Don: I suspect the emphasis on KSG's question is on "successfully" rather than just the notice that it has been installed. Does the SP 1 notice give any credence to it being successful? I am just wondering, myself, not trying to start anything. Bill "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:4217c5c3_2@newsprd01... Hey ksg; I would think that since they used this convention back in LDT3, that the same would hold true for 2005. A new twist on the "hide in plain sight" maxim. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "ksg" wrote in message news:15826435.1108826722142.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to verify that SP1 for LD2005 was installed successfully? I got mixed messages when I installed it. Can I just try to install it again or will it create problems? > Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

When the install was finished it gave me a message that SP1 had not been installed; however, I checked some of the files and they were updated. I just tried to re-install SP1 and got a message that my version of LD was up to date and the service pack was not needed. Go figure!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report