Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gravel and concrete hatches not correct

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
10130 Views, 4 Replies

gravel and concrete hatches not correct

when i use the gravel or hatch pattern it doesn't show up correctly. I saw where autodesk said to move to a lower coordinate and then hatch, or to set the drawing limits to include all geometry in drawing. I have no clue how to do this. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dness
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is distance from drawing base point (default is 0,0,0). In 2007-2008 you can change the hatch origin this will correct the problem. Open the hatch dialog and show more options arrow bottom right. On older versions you can change the base point to a location nearer the hatck.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

SNAPBASE

select a point near the area to hatch...

then i normally reset it back to 0,0 (only 2d.. not 3d)

that's on ldd 04

wrote in message news:6024409@discussion.autodesk.com...
when i use the gravel or hatch pattern it doesn't show up correctly. I saw
where autodesk said to move to a lower coordinate and then hatch, or to set
the drawing limits to include all geometry in drawing. I have no clue how
to do this. Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
nodink

in paperspace, move all entities closer to 0,0 & re-hatch. That should do it.
Message 5 of 5
Mammothx

This has been bugging me for a long time. Hatching at the drawing origin is not a good solution for me because almost all drawings I use are georeferenced in a coordinate system that places the line work at approximately Northing = 5,950,000 feet and Easting = 2,145,000 feet. So, moving back and forth is very time consuming for every little change!

I'm not sure if this is the same in Land Desktop, but in vanilla AutoCAD and Civil 3D this method works perfectly and is very simple:

https://geauxcad.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/hatching-and-ucs-origin/

In case the above link breaks in the future:

1. Enter the HATCH command
  2. In the Hatch ribbon, choose Set Origin and pick a point anywhere in the vicinity of your drawing area (you can also define a default origin from the dropdown menu)
  3. Hatch away

An alternate: upon entering the HATCH command enter the settings dialog by pressing T, then select your origin the same as before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report