Did you mean: 

File Deleted. Need Advice Please.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
andrew.fonda
919 Views, 3 Replies

File Deleted. Need Advice Please.

Attempted to open a dwg file I have been working on recently (file has been a work in progress since January 2011).  AutoCAD could not open the file.  The local computer store technician could not recover the file (he found a file with the correct name but its blank when opened).  I intend to have an expert look into this further and will need to hire a consultant to perform this task.  My computer will remain shut down until then.  Would appreciate any advice on this topic.  Live in Bonney Lake, WA   

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
OMCUSNR
in reply to: andrew.fonda

Is this a Land desktop dwg?  If it is look for a temp or backup file with the same name as the original.  Those can be recovered by renaming the extensioin to .dwg.  You nay have lost some data, but not much.  You may also be able to recreate much of it based on what's in your LDD directories.  Things like points, surfaces, alignments and profiles can be brought back into a new drawing if they must.

Also, have YOU tried to use the recover & audit commands in LDD?

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 4
andrew.fonda
in reply to: OMCUSNR

Hi Reid,

This is an AutoCAD LT 2008 dwg.  I did not attempt to use the recover and audit commands and I do not believe the computer technician did either.  I will have this performed by someone knowledgeable with this process.  Thank you for assisting.

Message 4 of 4
andrew.fonda
in reply to: andrew.fonda

Continued string in AutoCAD LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report