Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1068 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation

I keep getting this error: Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at 3009fda0h. Why is this happening?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Could be a number of things. When is it occuring? Is it when you try to open a drawing? Or is it when you try to plot or regenerate the drawing? What version of Land Desktop or AutoCAD are you running? Are your projects shared on the server, or stored locally on your machine? Need to know information!!! -- Dennis Hyman, Cad Operator, Survey Dept. Stock & Associates Consulting Engineers, Inc. St. Louis, Missouri Windows XP Pro, SP2 512mb RAM, 2.4Ghz P4 GForce 4 MX video card LDD2004 Map, Civil Design & Survey "acceng" wrote in message news:12700632.1109188035088.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I keep getting this error: Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading >0x0004 Exception at 3009fda0h. Why is this happening?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Drawings appear to be fine when we close out of them, but when opened again, randomly gives fatal error.

The problem appears to be occurring only on one computer too.

I am running 2004 and files are stored on a hard drive in a peer to peer network. We are basically using one of the hard drives in the network as the server.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

have you tried making a purging the dwg? making a wblock of it?
if there's only one machine acting up, you may be facing a reinstall. are all the machines on the same service pack/version?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

You need to download the Service Pack 2 for LDT. You have an Architectural Desktop drawing xreffed into your drawing. SP2 will resolve this problem.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

We cannot open the drawings once we get the fatal error, so we cannot purge.

Note: most problems are with the same project.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Tried putting on SP2 for LDT, but the software says it is already on there.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

pardon my confusion, but i thought:
"The problem appears to be occurring only on one computer too."

"We cannot open the drawings once we get the fatal error, so we cannot purge. "
this makes it sound like the file is having trouble on all your machines.

Have you tried using RECOVER to open instead? have you tried to insert the dwg into another dwg?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3502488&linkID=2475507

We just upgraded to LDT 2004 and were having the same problem. The SP2 resolved our problem. The link above addresses the error message you were getting. Have you tried a repair?
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Try the -purge command and purge Regapps... try it a couple times. sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company - Dallas "acceng" wrote in message news:25258511.1109345632298.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Drawings appear to be fine when we close out of them, but when opened > again, randomly gives fatal error. > > The problem appears to be occurring only on one computer too. > > I am running 2004 and files are stored on a hard drive in a peer to peer > network. We are basically using one of the hard drives in the network as > the server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report