Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error after panning and/or zooming

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
197 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal Error after panning and/or zooming

We recently upgraded to Land Desktop 2i from Land Desktop 2 and now we are having problems with fatal errors. The fatal errors are usually when someone is panning. The error message is: Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 340040cbh. I've upgraded the video drivers, changed video cards (NVidia 64MB to NVidia 128 MB) and also tried opening the drawings on other machines. The one thing that seems to be common is when the drawing has either text masks or wipeouts which we use a lot of in our drawings. All workstations are running Windows 2000 SP4 and have 256 MB of RAM.

I would appreciate any help in fixing this situation. Some users are crashing 10 times a day.

Thanks,

Scott
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Remove the wipeouts. Adesk would never acknowledge this was a problem. You
might have better luck in 2004 since wipeouts are part of the core engine
and not an add-on.

Good luck, I do know how much this ****.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
IT Manager
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/1 on P4-1.6/512
LDT2004+C3D
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm going to agree with James on this. Depending on what is being wiped out, I'd suggest a ****-up version of clipping. If the wipeout is over an xref or image file, create a clip boundary that uses a very small space (.001 seems to work in most cases) to the area to clip then go to the modify pull down, clip, image or xref (which ever is to be wiped out). I'll admit, this is a work around, but it does get rid of the wipeout for most situations.

Jason Mehlhop
Freelance AutoCAD User & Customizer
jasonmehlhop@adelphia.net
Message 4 of 4
dbernard

type WHIPARC at command line and change the system variable back to 0 instead of 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report