cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
bubbax
244 Views, 3 Replies

faster loads

I recently had problems with AutoCAD not completely loading. It would halt before it finished. The problem turned out to be a service listed under the task manager as "WSCommCtr1.exe". I turned off this service and just to see what would happen, I tried to load AutoCAD. It loaded much faster then ever before and in general the whole process of opening a drawing appeared faster. Anybody have any ideas what this service is and does it really need to be running? So far I haven't noticed any problems when it's off.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bubbax

Here you go. http://cadence.advanstar.com/2003/0603/vpoint0603.html "bubbax" wrote in message news:22454566.1093358310111.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I recently had problems with AutoCAD not completely loading. It would halt before it finished. The problem turned out to be a service listed under the task manager as "WSCommCtr1.exe". I turned off this service and just to see what would happen, I tried to load AutoCAD. It loaded much faster then ever before and in general the whole process of opening a drawing appeared faster. Anybody have any ideas what this service is and does it really need to be running? So far I haven't noticed any problems when it's off.
Message 3 of 4
NewtonW

That is AutoCAD's communication center.

-Newton
Message 4 of 4
NewtonW

ooops, John is one step ahead of me : )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report