Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export LandXML

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
570 Views, 13 Replies

Export LandXML

Hi all, running LDD3, sp#2, WinXP Pro Sp #2.

When I go to attempt to export any file using the LandXML Export it gets about half way through the starting screen and then gives me this "Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x7c9105c8 Exception at 650282f2h". Any thoughts on why?

Thanks Heidi
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Heidi; If you enter "landxml export error" at the Knowledge Base Search site, you will get 28 hits. You might start with those. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "tsaxy" wrote in message news:27589845.1101232496277.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Hi all, running LDD3, sp#2, WinXP Pro Sp #2. When I go to attempt to export any file using the LandXML Export it gets about half way through the starting screen and then gives me this "Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x7c9105c8 Exception at 650282f2h". Any thoughts on why? Thanks Heidi
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

"First two rules" by wfb 1. Re-boot and check. 2. Run appropriate repair CD. If that fixes it, who cares "why"? wfb "tsaxy" wrote in message news:27589845.1101232496277.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi all, running LDD3, sp#2, WinXP Pro Sp #2. > > When I go to attempt to export any file using the LandXML Export it gets about half way through the starting screen and then gives me this "Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x7c9105c8 Exception at 650282f2h". Any thoughts on why? > > Thanks Heidi
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Ok went to the knowledge base and checked it out. I only got 8 hits and not 28 and none of them are related to this. There is a import fatal error item but that certainly is not related to this issue. I am using a drawing that is assocaited to a project and I'm running Win XP Pro SP2. So none of those items listed actually pertain to this.

As for a reboot, tried it, doesn't fix it. Even had my IT guy do a sweep for spyware and stuff, that didn't fix it. A mention of a CD fix? Are we talking about a total reinstall of LDD3? or is there a fix CD that I know nothing about and have never heard of? I guess I could have my IT man reinstall, he knows I've been having other issues with this like my ACADmap.INI file was not where it should be and would not let me modify it. Guess it wouldn't hurt. But, is that really going to fix this issue?

Heidi
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

See my replay above to answer your question, I even asked more. Heidi
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Hey Heidi; The fix from the CD would be a Repair, not a Total Re-installation. Takes far less time. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "tsaxy" wrote in message news:19917546.1101313343169.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Ok went to the knowledge base and checked it out. I only got 8 hits and not 28 and none of them are related to this. There is a import fatal error item but that certainly is not related to this issue. I am using a drawing that is assocaited to a project and I'm running Win XP Pro SP2. So none of those items listed actually pertain to this. As for a reboot, tried it, doesn't fix it. Even had my IT guy do a sweep for spyware and stuff, that didn't fix it. A mention of a CD fix? Are we talking about a total reinstall of LDD3? or is there a fix CD that I know nothing about and have never heard of? I guess I could have my IT man reinstall, he knows I've been having other issues with this like my ACADmap.INI file was not where it should be and would not let me modify it. Guess it wouldn't hurt. But, is that really going to fix this issue? Heidi
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

I can only answer with my single installation, but on a peer to peer network. On the installation (Civil and LDD as far as I know), there is a repair option. I have found this to be invaluable at times to correct problems. Bill "tsaxy" wrote in message news:29120326.1101313371156.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > See my replay above to answer your question, I even asked more. Heidi
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

So the main thing I notice when running this Export landxml command is that it eats up all 2GB of my ram and my 4GB page file. It crashes when it hits the limit of available memory. Does this seem right?

I'm very cautious about running a repair, seeing I've managed to fix several issues without that so far. Another thought is since I'm on LDD3 and running WinXP pro SP 2 maybe that's the issue.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Ok my IT man and I have ran the repair, applied SP1 and SP2 and even the supposed XML fix from acad's support site and this still hasn't fixed the issue. I've noticed that I get a VBA system error when trying to run the Export XML feature.

Please remember, #1 I never make it to the initial dialog box,
#2 it eats up all 2GB of RAM and the page file, then gives me First a fatal Error and then secondly in the command line of ACAD a VBA system error (access violation 0x000005).

Thanks for all the help everyone. It's still not working though.

Heidi
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Hi, 1) I am assuming this is a project specific problem - even though you did say 'any'. Trying opening the landXML export for a very small or sample project. Does it work? If so, keep reading 2 - 6; if not, you must have some specific hardware/software conflicts - possible some .dll problems. Maybe some faulty memeory chips? If it was a corrupt configuration or path, the Repair should fix it. Make sure you are logged on as an administrator. Contact your Dealer. 2) If the problem is project specific, I am guessing that you have either a very large project, or large surface(s) within the project. 3) The Interface LDT LandXML Export routine is not at all user friendly - the programmers decided to identify all available LDT land data prior, then letting the user select from the list. The algorithm is very memory and time intensive. 4) Try reducing the specific project data for the large project. For example, I have a project called Transfer. If I want to just landXML Export a particular surface from a given project, I will copy the DTM/Surface folder to my Transfer project, landXML Export it, then delete the folder, keeping the Transfer project 'clean.' Same can be done for parcels, alignments and points. 5) If the problem is a single, large DTM, in a particular project, you may be out of luck. Remember, if you need to re-import into LDT, the time will increase geometrically. 6) If you have C3D, you might find better interface times with landXML operations. Good luck, sc "tsaxy" wrote in message news:12806836.1101319426991.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Ok my IT man and I have ran the repair, applied SP1 and SP2 and even the supposed XML fix from acad's support site and this still hasn't fixed the issue. I've noticed that I get a VBA system error when trying to run the Export XML feature. > > Please remember, #1 I never make it to the initial dialog box, > #2 it eats up all 2GB of RAM and the page file, then gives me First a fatal Error and then secondly in the command line of ACAD a VBA system error (access violation 0x000005). > > Thanks for all the help everyone. It's still not working though. > > Heidi
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Oh and y'all probably would really like to know what I'm running besides software.

AMD 3.5Ghz,
2.00Gb Ram
Radeon 9800 PRO video w/ATI Catalyst control Dual monitor.
MS keyboard and MS mouse
CD/DVD rewriteable.

(pretty much only 3 months old.)

Thank Heidi
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Hey we've discovered something over here. My DTM folder is approx. 1.5G in size I have like 60 surfaces. So I was able to use this command in a different project with a single surface finally which proved to me that the program is working but maybe it can't handle all the surfaces I have. So I've started a new project, copied of the DTM file folder and have eliminated everything but what I need and now it's 50MB in size. I find if I open a blank drawing and associate it with this newly created project that, the dialog box comes up and works. So, if someone get's this error, then their DTM file folder is too large and they need to weed it down to just what they want to export.

Thanks all for your help.

Heidi
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

This is what fixed it. Thanks Heidi
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

This is 6 months late but I thought I'd post it anyway. I can confirm the problem with large LDT projects. I have a project with 80 plus surfaces totaling 900 MB of database data. When attempting to open the Export LandXML command, the program uses all of my computer memory and page file and then gives me a VBA error.

Moving half of the surface subfolders out of the LDT DTM database folder resulted in a successful execution of the command. I then replaced those surface subfolders with the other half and successfully ran the command again.

Steve's advice is right on target. On large projects, making copies of the database with only the necessary surfaces may be the only way to generate your LandXML file.

Mike Partenheimer
Hall & Foreman, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report