Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing drawings over the internet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
165 Views, 2 Replies

Editing drawings over the internet

I have a question for all of you LDDT power users. I have started doing some part time work for a small engineering company. Instead of going to there office at night to work, I would like to work on drawings over the internet. The drawing files would be on there computer and I would like to open them remotely and edit them. Is this possible and can someone give me the basic steps on how to do it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a few ways, setup an ftp server that will let you into the server. Then download the dwg to work on and then put them back on the server when you are done. This would be dangerous if more than one person was to download the same file and then overwrite the file you worked on for 2 hours. I have one client that uses this method. His employees don't generally share a project. Or you could set up a VPN and login remotely to your server. I've never tried this Or Use windoze XP built in remote desktop to operate a PC on the network remotely. To do this Port 3380 (I'm pretty sure on this one.) Has to be forwarded by your router to the desired PC on the network. I've done this across a cable modem and it does work, but not great. HTH Robert wrote in message news:419e6af4$1_1@newsprd01... >I have a question for all of you LDDT power users. I have started doing >some part time work for a small engineering company. Instead of going to >there office at night to work, I would like to work on drawings over the >internet. The drawing files would be on there computer and I would like to >open them remotely and edit them. > Is this possible and can someone give me the basic steps on how to do it.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey DJC; Having gone down this route before, I would suggest that you use Broadband, and not a dialup. The best method is if they can spare a copy of Land on their server. That way you can run it on the data present on the server. Too easy if you can get a hold of Remote Desktop Connection. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx It comes with XP: And yes that's the WTC as wallpaper. I'd rather see that than the "art" under consideration at the moment. http://www.makenynyagain.com/ -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 wrote in message news:419e6af4$1_1@newsprd01... I have a question for all of you LDDT power users. I have started doing some part time work for a small engineering company. Instead of going to there office at night to work, I would like to work on drawings over the internet. The drawing files would be on there computer and I would like to open them remotely and edit them. Is this possible and can someone give me the basic steps on how to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report