Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw Order unknown command

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
963 Views, 8 Replies

Draw Order unknown command

I installed 2009 yesterday and much to my great enthusiasm the "draw order" command does not function. I am not trying to send xrefs or hatching to the front or back; just simple linework and the command prompt informs me that draw order is an unknown command...Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just installed and I am also having the same problem. The problem is the macro that it is searching for. I opened 2008 and copied it from the CUI and replaced the one in 2009 for the send to back ^C^C^P(ai_draworder "_b") ^P and the bring to front ^C^C^P(ai_draworder "_f") ^P. Hope this works for you, hopefully not all macros need to be changed. There might be a system variable to change all marcos at one time...not sure and I'm definitely not variable guru to any means.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I appreciate the attempt but that didnt work. I copied and replaced the macros but no such luck, thanks anyway.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

jstrahorn wrote:

> I appreciate the attempt but that didnt work. I copied and replaced
> the macros but no such luck, thanks anyway.

You could try manually loading it once.

Command: ARX L acdorder.arx

Terry
--
Never start any job without the right tools!
AutoCAD Add-on Tools at http://www.dotsoft.com
Message 5 of 9
legein

the command line "draworder" works
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

GREAT! thanks. That is a little more cumbersome but at the functionaly is there again...good ol Autodesk at it again!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you Thank you. That has been bugging me for awhile and I just saw this posting after doing a search. changing the macro worked jsut fine for me. Thanks again.
Message 8 of 9
draftmasterx

Ok well somebody already posted these exact directions but I'll try to make it more simple.

Open Land Desktop 08 and 09, or 07 and 09 for that matter it shouldnt really matter as long as its no later than 07.

Right click next to your drop down menus at the top and select "Customize". (you need to do this in both versions of Land Desktop you have out)

Click the arrows at the top of the "Customize" window pointing down labeled "Customizations in All CUI Files"
and the arrow pointing right at the very bottom of the window next to the "HELP" button. (you need to do this in both versions of Land Desktop you have out)

In the "Command List" section at the bottom left of the "Customize" window you now have open and expanded, it should already be on ALL COMMANDS. Change the commands your viewing to Tools and scroll down until you see the Command "Bring to Front". There will be more than one so make sure you select the one whose source is ACAD.

After you've selected the command on the right part of the screen labeled PROPERTIES there will be a row labeled MACRO, to the right of Macro is the code for that command. (you need to do this in both versions of Land Desktop you have out)

Now in the Land Desktop 07 or 08 version select the whole code and copy it. Go into the 09 version and select all of the code and paste the older code over the 09 code. This will erase the 09 code. If your worried about losing your 09 code and my directions ruining your Land Desktop than just save the 09 code in a text document and fix it later if this doesn't work. However it will.

Do the same thing to the "Send to Back" command and then apply and test it out.

Hope this helps those of you who have not had much experience in the CUI interface.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I followed the directions from Sept.18, I copied the macros from cad 2008 to 2009 and the back command still does not work? Was working fine this earlier today, any other ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report