Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Topo Help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
228 Views, 5 Replies

Download Topo Help

We are fairly new to Land Desktop / Civil / Survey. I am trying to figure out the procedure for downloading our topographic surveys into Survey 2005. We use Leica total station with produces a gsi file format. This is what I am doing so far. I convert the Leica raw data file to a field book using Carlson Connect. Carlson Connect > Leica > Point/Raw Data Transfer. I then edit the newly created field book file to add the coordinates for the starting point and backsite. Then I try to import the feildbook file. It starts the process then comes to the first error. Line 28: Error: Figure 'RIGHT' not found. Error occured. Stop Import Process? Line 48 in the field book reads "OFFSET RIGHT 2.00". When the surveyor shot this point in the field he put in an observation shift to the right 2'. I would like to know how this line should read in the fieldbook file so that LDD understands the shift. Any and all help is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Pat
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Pat, I've attached a formatted and commented version of the command synonyms file for the fieldbook This should enable you to answer your own question. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Pat Bjork" wrote in message news:419221b2$1_3@newsprd01... > We are fairly new to Land Desktop / Civil / Survey. I am trying to figure > out the procedure for downloading our topographic surveys into Survey 2005. > We use Leica total station with produces a gsi file format. This is what I > am doing so far. I convert the Leica raw data file to a field book using > Carlson Connect. Carlson Connect > Leica > Point/Raw Data Transfer. I then > edit the newly created field book file to add the coordinates for the > starting point and backsite. Then I try to import the feildbook file. It > starts the process then comes to the first error. Line 28: Error: Figure > 'RIGHT' not found. Error occured. Stop Import Process? Line 48 in the field > book reads "OFFSET RIGHT 2.00". When the surveyor shot this point in the > field he put in an observation shift to the right 2'. I would like to know > how this line should read in the fieldbook file so that LDD understands the > shift. Any and all help is greatly appriciated. > > Thanks, > > Pat > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Pat, Autodesk Survey currently does not support offset observations. If you wish the Import Field Book command to process the fbk file and ignore your offset observations, you can edit the file and place an exclamation mark at the beginning of the line of data that contains the offset coding.. Regards, Henry -- Henry Sanders Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development "Pat Bjork" wrote in message news:419221b2$1_3@newsprd01... > We are fairly new to Land Desktop / Civil / Survey. I am trying to figure > out the procedure for downloading our topographic surveys into Survey 2005. > We use Leica total station with produces a gsi file format. This is what I > am doing so far. I convert the Leica raw data file to a field book using > Carlson Connect. Carlson Connect > Leica > Point/Raw Data Transfer. I then > edit the newly created field book file to add the coordinates for the > starting point and backsite. Then I try to import the feildbook file. It > starts the process then comes to the first error. Line 28: Error: Figure > 'RIGHT' not found. Error occured. Stop Import Process? Line 48 in the field > book reads "OFFSET RIGHT 2.00". When the surveyor shot this point in the > field he put in an observation shift to the right 2'. I would like to know > how this line should read in the fieldbook file so that LDD understands the > shift. Any and all help is greatly appriciated. > > Thanks, > > Pat > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Henry, Thank you for your response. I have additional questions. How are we supposed to handle offsets? How does the surveyor shoot the center of a tree? Do we need a third party app to handle offset observations? Thanks, Pat "Henry Sanders" wrote in message news:41927469$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Pat, > Autodesk Survey currently does not support offset observations. > If you wish the Import Field Book command to process the fbk file and ignore > your offset observations, you can edit the file and place an exclamation > mark at the beginning of the line of data that contains the offset coding.. > Regards, > Henry > -- > Henry Sanders > Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development > > "Pat Bjork" wrote in message > news:419221b2$1_3@newsprd01... > > We are fairly new to Land Desktop / Civil / Survey. I am trying to figure > > out the procedure for downloading our topographic surveys into Survey > 2005. > > We use Leica total station with produces a gsi file format. This is what I > > am doing so far. I convert the Leica raw data file to a field book using > > Carlson Connect. Carlson Connect > Leica > Point/Raw Data Transfer. I then > > edit the newly created field book file to add the coordinates for the > > starting point and backsite. Then I try to import the feildbook file. It > > starts the process then comes to the first error. Line 28: Error: Figure > > 'RIGHT' not found. Error occured. Stop Import Process? Line 48 in the > field > > book reads "OFFSET RIGHT 2.00". When the surveyor shot this point in the > > field he put in an observation shift to the right 2'. I would like to know > > how this line should read in the fieldbook file so that LDD understands > the > > shift. Any and all help is greatly appriciated. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Pat > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Laurie, Thanks for the infomation. I have downloaded the file and I will see if I can answer my question. Thanks, Pat "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:419272c8_3@newsprd01... Hi Pat, I've attached a formatted and commented version of the command synonyms file for the fieldbook This should enable you to answer your own question. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Pat Bjork" wrote in message news:419221b2$1_3@newsprd01... > We are fairly new to Land Desktop / Civil / Survey. I am trying to figure > out the procedure for downloading our topographic surveys into Survey 2005. > We use Leica total station with produces a gsi file format. This is what I > am doing so far. I convert the Leica raw data file to a field book using > Carlson Connect. Carlson Connect > Leica > Point/Raw Data Transfer. I then > edit the newly created field book file to add the coordinates for the > starting point and backsite. Then I try to import the feildbook file. It > starts the process then comes to the first error. Line 28: Error: Figure > 'RIGHT' not found. Error occured. Stop Import Process? Line 48 in the field > book reads "OFFSET RIGHT 2.00". When the surveyor shot this point in the > field he put in an observation shift to the right 2'. I would like to know > how this line should read in the fieldbook file so that LDD understands the > shift. Any and all help is greatly appriciated. > > Thanks, > > Pat > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Pat, With most hardware I've seen you can measure the distance to the target with it held beside a tree, and then change the instrument to point at the tree before reading the shot. ergo. No offset required. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Pat Bjork" wrote in message news:4198ca2b_2@newsprd01... > Henry, > > Thank you for your response. I have additional questions. How are we > supposed to handle offsets? How does the surveyor shoot the center of a > tree? Do we need a third party app to handle offset observations? > Thanks, > Pat > > "Henry Sanders" wrote in message > news:41927469$1_2@newsprd01... > > Hi Pat, > > Autodesk Survey currently does not support offset observations. > > If you wish the Import Field Book command to process the fbk file and > ignore > > your offset observations, you can edit the file and place an exclamation > > mark at the beginning of the line of data that contains the offset > coding.. > > Regards, > > Henry > > -- > > Henry Sanders > > Autodesk ISD Civil Test Development > > > > "Pat Bjork" wrote in message > > news:419221b2$1_3@newsprd01... > > > We are fairly new to Land Desktop / Civil / Survey. I am trying to > figure > > > out the procedure for downloading our topographic surveys into Survey > > 2005. > > > We use Leica total station with produces a gsi file format. This is what > I > > > am doing so far. I convert the Leica raw data file to a field book using > > > Carlson Connect. Carlson Connect > Leica > Point/Raw Data Transfer. I > then > > > edit the newly created field book file to add the coordinates for the > > > starting point and backsite. Then I try to import the feildbook file. It > > > starts the process then comes to the first error. Line 28: Error: Figure > > > 'RIGHT' not found. Error occured. Stop Import Process? Line 48 in the > > field > > > book reads "OFFSET RIGHT 2.00". When the surveyor shot this point in the > > > field he put in an observation shift to the right 2'. I would like to > know > > > how this line should read in the fieldbook file so that LDD understands > > the > > > shift. Any and all help is greatly appriciated. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Pat > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report