Did you mean: 

Dispaly problem with contours created in Land Desktop

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
3DCat
314 Views, 8 Replies

Dispaly problem with contours created in Land Desktop

Hi,
I created some contours in Land Desktop 2008. When I open the drawing in AutoCAD 2008, the contours are just a bunch of rectangles with "aeccdbcontour (aeccivilbase)" by them. I've never run into this problem before when opening LDT files with contours in AutoCAD. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks,
3DCat
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
auzzie2776
in reply to: 3DCat

Is land enabled map loading the Land portion of LDD, try reloading your profile
Message 3 of 9
auzzie2776

i left out that it sounds like the object enabler is not loading with your vanilla autocad. Land enabled map should load the object enabler. I had that problem some time ago with LDD 05, but once i reloaded the land enabled map profile, everything was fine.
Message 4 of 9
3DCat

Hi, thanks for your response. Is this something that is set on a per drawing basis? I don't have this problem in my other drawings.

Thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 9
auzzie2776

normally, all object enablers are loaded within the main program however things do get messed up within each drawing, if it is only happening within this drawing, i would reccommend re-attaching this drawing to the project database as let it re-create the DFM file thats created with the project. There are so many setting within that DFm file that who knows whats going on.
Message 6 of 9
3DCat

Hi,
I deleted the DFM file, so the DFM file was re-created when I loaded the project. I created the contours again, then tried opening the drawing in AutoCAD. No luck - the contours are still messed up.
Message 7 of 9
auzzie2776

have you checked the setting in CONFIG --> OPEN SAVE TAB -->ONJECT ARX APPLICATIONS. you want the first pull down to read -> object detect and command invoke
you want the second pulldown to read -> show proxy graphics.
Message 8 of 9
auzzie2776

ONJECT = OBJECT (fat finger disease)
Message 9 of 9
3DCat

Hi auzzie,

I checked - I have both of those settings specified. Still having problems....for a workaround, I'm just exploding the contours to polylines after I create them.

Thanks for your assistance in helping me to troubleshoot this problem, I appreciate it very much.

3DCat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report