cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
203 Views, 8 Replies

Desc Key Format

I have a raw desc that reads: "850-101". The 850 means testhole, the 101 is the testhole number. I have created a desc key file and have attached a block to all descriptions starting ith 850. What I want to do now is to make the full description read "850-101-TH", and "850-102-TH", etc.
Anyone know how to do this? The desc codes ($...) are greek to me.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dness
in reply to: Anonymous

Your description key would be $0-TH. This would print your requested 850-101-TH.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I tried that, and what appears as the full description is: "$0-TH".
This would work if I was trying to convert identicle raw descriptions (i.e. with a DescKey Code of "850"), but when I make the DescKey Code "850*" in order to include all raw descriptions beginning with "850" the $0 Description Format fails to work.
Anymore ideas?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Actually, correct that last reply. The Desc Format $0 does not work at all as far as I can see.
I have a single point with the raw desc "252" and when I set the Description Format to "$0-CB" the full description reads "$0-CB" and NOT "252-CB" as desired. Is there another setting somewhere I am not aware of, or is this just some kind of error?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Could it be in your point settings > desc key tab you don't have the option "match on description parameters" selected From help file: Under Matching Options, select or clear the Match on Description Parameters ($1, $2, etc.) check box: Select the Match on Description Parameters ($1, $2, etc.) check box to use description parameters in the description format, and for scaling and rotating the description key symbols. Clear the Match on Description Parameters ($1, $2, etc.) check box if you do not want to use description parameters in the description format and for scaling and rotating the description key symbols. jon_fergus wrote: > Actually, correct that last reply. The Desc Format $0 does not work at all as far as I can see. > I have a single point with the raw desc "252" and when I set the Description Format to "$0-CB" the full description reads "$0-CB" and NOT "252-CB" as desired. Is there another setting somewhere I am not aware of, or is this just some kind of error?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

now I feel intelligent...
thanks for the help.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Jon; I would set my description key to 850-* This will pick up any well number that is entered. In the description format, use $0-TH This will take the raw description and append the -TH to it. Hope this helps Lee jon_fergus wrote: > I have a raw desc that reads: "850-101". The 850 means testhole, the 101 is the testhole number. I have created a desc key file and have attached a block to all descriptions starting ith 850. What I want to do now is to make the full description read "850-101-TH", and "850-102-TH", etc. > Anyone know how to do this? The desc codes ($...) are greek to me.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

In order to do what you want it to do, your coding must be 850 150 not 850-150. 850 is the code you are matching into, 850 is also the 0th parameter (I think) and 150 is the 1st parameter. In your description key you would have 850, in your format you would have $0-$1-TH. This would display your inputed 850 150 as 850-150-TH.

Thats my understanding! Seems like it would be easier to edit this in excel/notepad!!
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Actually 850-150 would be the 0 parameter. So D-Ness's idea ($0-TH) seems to give the code he was looking for. There'd be no need to separate this string into 2 parameters since the part after the dash is a unique number (unless you wanted to do something with the -# part of the description). Bud Miller www.BudCAD.com "SEAN2ME" wrote in message news:13676824.1109021825640.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > In order to do what you want it to do, your coding must be 850 150 not > 850-150. 850 is the code you are matching into, 850 is also the 0th > parameter (I think) and 150 is the 1st parameter. In your description key > you would have 850, in your format you would have $0-$1-TH. This would > display your inputed 850 150 as 850-150-TH. > > Thats my understanding! Seems like it would be easier to edit this in > excel/notepad!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report