Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Multiline command??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
261 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Multiline command??

Does anyone have a customized multiline command that allows you to change the offset distance without having to exit the command? This would be a very handy tool to have, especially when drawing existing sewers.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Glad to help before! We tried mutiline and it never worked well. How are you drawing the lines between manhole? are they diff pipe size? we use a lisp that after you pick the whole run you just tell it the width of the pipe you want and it offset the line, then trim out the line in the manholes. Would this help?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I mean manually trim out the lines...
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

What I've been doing currently is drawing a MLINE with the wanted offset (ie 2.00 for 24" RCP). When the pipe size changes, I exit out of the command, restart the MLINE and change the offset distance. Does the lisp that you are talking about allow you to have more than one pipe width in a run? "Vman" wrote in message news:32435984.1108678556582.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Glad to help before! We tried mutiline and it never worked well. How are > you drawing the lines between manhole? are they diff pipe size? we use a > lisp that after you pick the whole run you just tell it the width of the > pipe you want and it offset the line, then trim out the line in the > manholes. Would this help?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Apologies for questioning the question but, except for very large pipes, is it productive to show the pipe width? I see it done both ways and for average sewer pipe (8" to 18") the extra linework just adds clutter to the drawing -- and has a chance of bridging between the lines unless one is watchful of the lineweights. If it has do be done, try this: Make a pline along the route. Whip up a little lisp to offset to both sides and move the original to a different layer. Make a manhole block with a wipeout (for existing mhs) and put it where it needs to be. Advantage: Easily make Pipes alignments because the line is continuous. I don't think you can use mlines to create alignments, but haven't tried. rs "Dennis Hyman" wrote in message news:42149f32_1@newsprd01... : Does anyone have a customized multiline command that allows you to change : the offset distance without having to exit the command? This would be a : very handy tool to have, especially when drawing existing sewers. : :
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Showing the actual pipe width on sites can help address clearance issues from other utilities, etc. As for creating a lisp, I'm not very versed in that language. :( "tcebob" wrote in message news:42161df1$1_1@newsprd01... > Apologies for questioning the question but, except for very large pipes, > is it > productive to show the pipe width? I see it done both ways and for average > sewer > pipe (8" to 18") the extra linework just adds clutter to the drawing -- > and has > a chance of bridging between the lines unless one is watchful of the > lineweights. > > If it has do be done, try this: Make a pline along the route. Whip up a > little > lisp to offset to both sides and move the original to a different layer. > Make a > manhole block with a wipeout (for existing mhs) and put it where it needs > to be. > Advantage: Easily make Pipes alignments because the line is continuous. I > don't > think you can use mlines to create alignments, but haven't tried. > > rs > > "Dennis Hyman" wrote in message > news:42149f32_1@newsprd01... > : Does anyone have a customized multiline command that allows you to > change > : the offset distance without having to exit the command? This would be a > : very handy tool to have, especially when drawing existing sewers. > : > : > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hey Dennis,

No the lisp files i have only does 1 size at a time. On our land development dwg we show a with of 1.5' on the storm pipe unless they are 3' or more. I have 2 lisp files 1 for Ex. pipe and 1 for prop. pipe. The prop. lisp file adds wide pline in the middle. I have not found a perfect way to do pipes. This is about the best i know. Let me know and I'll drop you the files.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Try these and let me know what ya think.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report