Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Contour Labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
190 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Contour Labels

Does anyone know of a way to tweak the contour label text as you create the labels in a drawing? I have a need to put metric in addition to english units in my drawing (like this: 1200' [365.76] ).
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Phillip, The contour label can only accept fixed suffixes or prefixes. The only way I could see to do it without programming would be to define a point style to display in the format you want and add points as labels using the command: [Points][Create Points- Surface][Random Points] You could define the label style using: {Elevation}'[{Elevation*0.3048}] With programming, all you could do would be to add a piece of text (Mtext) at user selected locations without the benefit of the automatic break in the contour. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "philip.barden" wrote in message news:23575167.1102374040156.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Does anyone know of a way to tweak the contour label text as you create the labels in a drawing? I have a need to put metric in addition to english units in my drawing (like this: 1200' [365.76] ).
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you're using Civil 3D, you can just modify the label style to have both the imperial and metric elevation in the same label (formatted exactly how you wanted). Cheers, Peter Funk API Product Manager Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Peter and others,
I also started a thread about this. My request was a bit more involved. Do newer versions of LD provide any extra formatting features?

Here's the thread mentioned above:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=367917

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report