Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section sheet label problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smit1088
278 Views, 5 Replies

Cross Section sheet label problem

I have not been able to figure out why my cross sections when viewed individually show the row line but when I use sheet manager to create sheets I cant get it to show the row labels on the sheet.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
eastridge23
in reply to: smit1088

I am having the same problem. Anyone know what is going on?
Message 3 of 6
tscheevel

The R/W labels have to be attached to the section-section frame in the sheet style template that you are using to create your sheets.
Start a new drawing.
Use 'Sheet Manager' >'Sheet Styles' > 'Load Sheet Style' to bring the sheet style template into the drawing.
In the 'Sheet Manager' Menu, click: Sheet Styles > 'Create/Edit Frame'. Select the Section-Section Frame in the layout and Enter.
In the Dialog Box click the 'Text' button. You will see another dialog box.
In the second dialog box click the 'Add' button, and see another dialog box.
In that dialog box select "Cross Section: Right R/W" and click "OK". Click 'Add' again and select "Cross Section: Left R/W" and click OK.
In the "Edit Attached Text Labels" dialog box you will probably want to check the box that says "Draw Line Marker" for both the R/W labels.
Click OK to get out of your dialog boxes and, use the 'Sheet Manager' > 'Sheet Styles' > 'Save Sheet Style' command to save your changes, switch back to your project drawing and run the sheets again.
I hope that helps.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, One other thing to do before editing and saving the sheet. After running any command associated with Sheet Manager to load the program, type in: CD_NoLayerCreate to avoid filling your style sheet with unwanted layers. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "smit1088" wrote in message news:10191300.1108662358878.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I have not been able to figure out why my cross sections when viewed >individually show the row line but when I use sheet manager to create >sheets I cant get it to show the row labels on the sheet.
Message 5 of 6
tscheevel

Thanks Laurie,
I was not aware of the CD_NoLayerCreate feature.
3 years ago when I decided to bash my thick skull through the concrete block wall that is the sheet manager learning curve, I got in the habit of editing my style sheets in a project used only for that purpose. The reason being to avoid loading my style sheets up with layers. I neglected to make that clear in my previous post.
I can see that your method would save time because I find that editing style sheets still requires some trial and error to get the desirde appearance.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, The only documentation of it is in a few posts I've made to the NG over the years. I made it my business to found out about it when I kept getting a layer "Blackberries" every time I used a style sheet - despite use of AutoCAD purge to erase all layers of that name everywhere in every relevant drawing on my computer. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "tscheevel" wrote in message news:23675243.1111542355870.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks Laurie, > I was not aware of the CD_NoLayerCreate feature. > 3 years ago when I decided to bash my thick skull through the concrete > block wall that is the sheet manager learning curve, I got in the habit of > editing my style sheets in a project used only for that purpose. The > reason being to avoid loading my style sheets up with layers. I neglected > to make that clear in my previous post. > I can see that your method would save time because I find that editing > style sheets still requires some trial and error to get the desirde > appearance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report