Did you mean: 

Creating An Export Points LISP Routine

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HMSurvey
1269 Views, 4 Replies

Creating An Export Points LISP Routine

Hi,

I'm running LDD 2009 on a huge network. It takes FOREVER to create a point group. I want to be able to export a few points if necessary, without creating a new point group. Anyone know how to do this? Or how to create a routine to do this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
westolliver
in reply to: HMSurvey

I typically open edit points, select the points I need to export, and print to file. Open the txt file and find-replace spaces with commas. save file and change extension to csv. May not be any faster than groups but I don't end up with 100 useless point groups.

Message 3 of 5
OMCUSNR

You can select points in the drawing, you don't need to create a point group 1st.  Helps if you points are all on seperate layers by description.

You can also set what format you want them as before you create the ascii file.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 5
HMSurvey

The only way I know how to select individual points is by exporting an XML file. Is there another way to get a .txt or .asc file? Thanks for all the help.

Howard

Message 5 of 5
OMCUSNR

Well, I guess I blew that.  I thought I had exported points by slection in the past, but I guess you do need to use the point groups to do the filtering.

Sorry about that.  It's been awhile since I did any point exports.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report