creating a profile error message

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cptwentyx
973 Views, 3 Replies

creating a profile error message

when i try and create a profile in civil 3d land desktop companion 2008 i get:

fatal error: unhandled c000000dh exception at 78144584h

when i tried to update the service pack 2 it says that "your verison is up-to-date and this service pack is not necessary." and ideas??
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cptwentyx

I don't know what your error means. Assuming there are no errors in your Surface or Alignment, but one thing you could try is doing an audit and purge of your drawing to clean up. Shutdown and restart and see if you still have the problem. I have done this with an unknown error to clear up. If this doesn't work, then I would do a repair or re-install.
Message 3 of 4
smb558

from reading other forums, it sounds like a service pack issue... maybe your not downloading the right one? I found this post that someone left in February, they were having the same problem as you....http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=641158

Just in case the audit then purge doesn't work as previously suggested. Personally - the audit then purge, then reopen the drawing would be my first step.

Good Luck.
Message 4 of 4
tnoftsger

I have the exact same problem:

Uninstall software, no help

changed graphics card, no help

checked all memory, all good.

updated to the most recent version of directx, no help.

Anybody able to help.  I have fixed this issue once on another computer with SP2, but it is installed and doesn't help.

Can you uninstall a Service patch?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report