Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Alias's not working.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1869 Views, 3 Replies

Command Alias's not working.

I have changed the pgp file as well as using the command alias editor under express tools, they both have my command alias but when I go to use it I get a different command. Anybody know what's up. I changed DDEDIT from ED to DD, but when I type DD within AutoCad it executes another command. I would love to tell you what command it is, but it does not list it. What is does say is "Command: DD Select line or [Points]:". I have looked through both the .pgp file and the command alias editor and there is no other command that uses the alias DD. Is there another set of commands that I am not aware of?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do a search on your computer for acad.pgp - perhaps you're referencing the wrong one... John "David Prontnicki" wrote in message news:41485317_3@newsprd01... > I have changed the pgp file as well as using the command alias editor > under express tools, they both have my command alias but when I go to > use it I get a different command. Anybody know what's up. > > I changed DDEDIT from ED to DD, but when I type DD within AutoCad it > executes another command. I would love to tell you what command it is, > but it does not list it. What is does say is "Command: DD > Select line or [Points]:". > > I have looked through both the .pgp file and the command alias editor > and there is no other command that uses the alias DD. Is there another > set of commands that I am not aware of?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, "dd" is now a hardcoded command in LDT. You cannot change it unless you first undefine it. That would be like creating an alias of "circle" to copy a line, it just won't let you do it. I ended up changing my "dd" alias to "ddd". Hey programmer dudes! Don't use such short names for commands! We want to be able to change them to something else! Brian "David Prontnicki" wrote in message news:41485317_3@newsprd01... > I have changed the pgp file as well as using the command alias editor > under express tools, they both have my command alias but when I go to > use it I get a different command. Anybody know what's up. > > I changed DDEDIT from ED to DD, but when I type DD within AutoCad it > executes another command. I would love to tell you what command it is, > but it does not list it. What is does say is "Command: DD > Select line or [Points]:". > > I have looked through both the .pgp file and the command alias editor > and there is no other command that uses the alias DD. Is there another > set of commands that I am not aware of?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

David Prontnicki wrote: > I have changed the pgp file as well as using the command alias editor > under express tools, they both have my command alias but when I go to > use it I get a different command. Anybody know what's up. > > I changed DDEDIT from ED to DD, but when I type DD within AutoCad it > executes another command. I would love to tell you what command it is, > but it does not list it. What is does say is "Command: DD > Select line or [Points]:". > > I have looked through both the .pgp file and the command alias editor > and there is no other command that uses the alias DD. Is there another > set of commands that I am not aware of? Thanks guys. I make a new alias.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report