Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipboard from 2010 to 2009

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hawkeng
408 Views, 1 Reply

Clipboard from 2010 to 2009

We installed AutoCAD 2010 & Carlson 2010 on most of our systems. My system is still running LDD2009 with Carlson 2010. We have all drawings set to save back to 2007 verison. Now when I open any drawings saved with the AutoCAD 2010 using LDD2009 the clipboard will not work. It says 'invalid' when I try to paste/paste to orig. It doesn't matter if it I try to copy/paste from the current drawing or from another one in. I can have a second drawing window open with a new or old cad file and the clipboard will work in it. If I open a Microsoft Word document and copy clipboard from there it will paste into the saved AutoCAD 2010 drawing. Any ideas? Edited by: hawkeng on Mar 23, 2010 11:31 AM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
omc-usnr
in reply to: hawkeng

Autocad 2010 files are not backward compatible with 09-. What you would have to do is to wblock out, save the block to 2007 then import that. You can't use the clipboard to back down. Takes more steps, but it's doable.

Also, if you go to C3d, the civil objects won't transfer. You'll have to xml them out and import them into LDC w/ xml.

Reid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums