AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing linetypes affects labels' contents?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bcsurvey
416 Views, 2 Replies

changing linetypes affects labels' contents?

So I have a handful of polygons and all are labeled with a mix of 30, 40, and 60 scale settings using curves and lines, and tagged and regular labels. I then isolate the layer that each loop is on so that I can change all linetypes quickly. When I make the change and unisolate that layer, about 75% of the labels are now N 90-00-00 E at 0.0000' and still associated with the line. I wasn't sure what had caused it the first time, but after I undid a bunch of stuff and then reworked all the labels, checking the labels after each operation, I noticed it was right after changing the loops' layer that it happened. The kicker is that it can't be "Undone". Instead I'm able to use "Swap Label Text" to get the original information.

What I can't grasp is why changing the linetypes made some labels revert to zeroes.

Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Thanks
Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bcsurvey

I couldn't replicate your problem, but I did notice something wrong in this setup. You said "that your labels are still associated with the line" and that you have "a mix of 30, 40 and 60 scale lables". If you are using Dynamic Labels, this is a no no. If you need to adjust one of your polygons, your labels will change to the last scale you had used. This happens in my drawing. In this case I would try Static Labels that way your labels will stay in place regardless of what the line does.
Message 3 of 3
bcsurvey
in reply to: bcsurvey

Thanks for the reply. As for the replication, I might mention that I'm using LDD 2007, and the lines were of various LT scales - I don't know if that would matter or not - and also the polygons that I'm labeling are exploded regions taken from another drawing (exploded to LINEs). But yes, the mixture of drawing scales keeps me on my toes whenever I need to alter a polygon. I've made it a habit to match the label styles to the scale of whatever needs to be edited before doing so. If I use the static labels, wouldn't I need to re-label lines after altering anyway?

Thanks
Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report