Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't see any objects in model space

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
esqueda
3910 Views, 6 Replies

can't see any objects in model space

Hi, could somebody please help me, I'm using LDD 2007 to open a drawing that was created with AutoCAD 2004 and LDD 2005. I can not see anything in model space The only thing I can see are my layouts in paper space without
the objects that were created in model space. Thanks for your help!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ACADuser
in reply to: esqueda

Esqueda, could you post the drawing ? I'm sure you would have answere before i noticted that you even posted it. 😉
ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 3 of 7
esqueda

Sorry I can't post the drawing because of a legal issue, also the size is around 22,279 KB, I'm wondering if LDD 2007 can handle that size of a dwg. Thanks for your answer.
Message 4 of 7
ACADuser

Esqueda

Have you been able to resolve the problem ?

Without the drawing more info is needed;
What are the specs for your machine ? What service pack of LDT ? Is the file local or on a network share ? Are all layers thawed and turned on ? How many PS layout tabs are in the drawing ? Try setting the layout regen option to "Regen when switching layouts". Have you tried a repair install of LDT ? Does it happen with all drawings or just this one ? Have you tried auditing the drawing ? Is the missing data actually from an xref ? If you draw a line in MS, can you see it ?......................

And to answer your question, yes LDT 2007 can "handle" a drawing that size. I took an existing drawing that was 6MB in size and used the copy commnad to create 3 duplicates of all enties. Also I imported 15 PS layouts from another drawing. Each layout contains 2 non-rectangular viewports. This bumped the file size up to 25MB. All enties are visible in both MS & PS. Zooming/Panning is a bit slow but works. Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to open and save the drawing ? Mine > Open=25secs Save=12secs.

ACADuser

(2) Dual Core Xeon 3.20GHz (1066MHz FSB)
2GB RAM
Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI (256MB)
80GB 10,000 RPM HD
Dual Sony 23" Widescreen TFT
XP PRO SP2
LDT 2007 SP2A, RD 2007, SURVEY 2007
ACADuser
Windows 7 Enterprise
Message 5 of 7
esqueda

ACADuser, thanks a lot for your help. Currently I have not solved the problem yet, but my next step is to ask for help from the AutoCAD reseller Company. Following is the answer to your questions.
The specs of my computer are: Dell OptiPlex GX280 X86-based PC; Processor X86 Pentium 4 2.80 G Hz 0.99 GB of RAM. Total Physical Memory 1024 MB, Total Virtual Memory 2 GB ; HD 37.2 GB capacity, 19.3 GB used space, 17.8 GB free space.
The service pack of LTD is LDT 2007 SP2A, The file is on a network share but I'm the only CAD user that have worked on this file. All layers are thawed and turned on. I have 154 PS layout tabs. Regen when switching layouts of the layout regen option is on. I have not tried a repair install of LDT(probably will be the next thing to try). I have had LDT 2007 installed in my computer for about 10 days, and I have opened only 7 to 8 drawings, all of them opened succesfully except for this one. I just audited a copy of this drawing but the results show all entities are o.k. but still can not see any objects in MS. I have no any Xref's in this drawing. If I draw a line I can see it in MS, but after I save the drawing the line does not show at all. To open this drawing it takes like 129 secs. to save the dwg. takes 24 secs. In the past while using LDD 2005 I have been having problems sometimes with the layers dialogue box, sometimes I can't see the layers' names, so I have to close it and open it again. Sometimes I have to resize the dialogue box by dragging one of their edges and then the layer's names apperar but not always. When I can not correct this problem I have to close the dwg. and open it again. Somebody told me that probably I should have the graphics card on my computer replaced, but I do not know if that could be causing me problems in this particular dwg. Any how, thanks again for your help and if I find the solution I will keep you informed.
Message 6 of 7
ACADuser

Esqueda,

In the world of AutoCAD those P4's are being replaced by much faster dual core processors. If you read through some of the discussions regarding 2007 being slower than 2005, I think you will find the consensus being that every new release just plain and simple consumes more resources than the previous one. Also I have heard the P4's are dog slow when trying to run Civil 3D. You don't mention if you are using the on board video or if you have an add in card. If you are using the onboard video, that reduces the available physical memory for the OS and your programs. Seeing you only have 1GB of RAM and assuming you are using the onboard video, I would say you are expecting too much from the software considering the file size and the fact that you have 154 PS layouts (WOW!). If you don't have the budget for a new PC then I would recommend purchasing an add-in video card that has a minimum of 128MB onboard memory and another 1GB of RAM (check out the Hardware NG for video card recommendations).

One more thing to check. If you have virus scanning software installed and running try turning it off to see if that may be the cause.

ACADuser

(2) Dual Core Xeon 3.20GHz (1066MHz FSB)
2GB RAM
Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI (256MB)
80GB 10,000 RPM HD
Dual Sony 23" Widescreen TFT
XP PRO SP2
LDT 2007 SP2A, RD 2007, SURVEY 2007
ACADuser
Windows 7 Enterprise
Message 7 of 7
esqueda

ACADuser, thanks a lot for your answer, I will talk to my IT department to install an additional 1GB of RAM and an add-in video card. I will keep you informed if it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report