Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block tool palette

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
230 Views, 5 Replies

Block tool palette

Good Day all. Ok this is probably a simple question so please excuse me for asking. I have created a tool palette of blocks. Why do the blocks insert at different scales depending on which drawing I am in. What drawing setting to I have to change. Thanks all.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do they come in at different scales or are they always the same size, regardless of the scale of your drawing? I still think Symbol Manager is hard to beat.... -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups LandMan wrote: > Good Day all. > > Ok this is probably a simple question so please excuse me for asking. I have > created a tool palette of blocks. Why do the blocks insert at different > scales depending on which drawing I am in. What drawing setting to I have to > change. Thanks all. > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Different scales. That is why I am wondering is there a drawing setting that is having a effect on these blocks. "Karl Fuls" wrote in message news:4033d64a$1_2@newsprd01... > Do they come in at different scales or are they always the same size, > regardless of the scale of your drawing? > > I still think Symbol Manager is hard to beat.... > > -- > Karl Fuls PLS > Autocad AEC Training and Consulting > Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups > > LandMan wrote: > > Good Day all. > > > > Ok this is probably a simple question so please excuse me for asking. I have > > created a tool palette of blocks. Why do the blocks insert at different > > scales depending on which drawing I am in. What drawing setting to I have to > > change. Thanks all. > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I've been having the same problem. Check the scale and see if it is 1/12 (or 12x) what you want it to be. I believe it has something to do with one drawing being set up for inches and one for feet but I haven't quite figured it out yet. Brian "LandMan" wrote in message news:4033db87_3@newsprd01... > Different scales. That is why I am wondering is there a drawing setting that > is having a effect on these blocks. > > "Karl Fuls" wrote in message > news:4033d64a$1_2@newsprd01... > > Do they come in at different scales or are they always the same size, > > regardless of the scale of your drawing? > > > > I still think Symbol Manager is hard to beat.... > > > > -- > > Karl Fuls PLS > > Autocad AEC Training and Consulting > > Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups > > > > LandMan wrote: > > > Good Day all. > > > > > > Ok this is probably a simple question so please excuse me for asking. I > have > > > created a tool palette of blocks. Why do the blocks insert at different > > > scales depending on which drawing I am in. What drawing setting to I > have to > > > change. Thanks all. > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Mine are are either correct or 2x the size depending on what drawing I insert into "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4033e086_3@newsprd01... > I've been having the same problem. Check the scale and see if it is 1/12 > (or 12x) what you want it to be. I believe it has something to do with one > drawing being set up for inches and one for feet but I haven't quite figured > it out yet. > > Brian > > "LandMan" wrote in message > news:4033db87_3@newsprd01... > > Different scales. That is why I am wondering is there a drawing setting > that > > is having a effect on these blocks. > > > > "Karl Fuls" wrote in message > > news:4033d64a$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Do they come in at different scales or are they always the same size, > > > regardless of the scale of your drawing? > > > > > > I still think Symbol Manager is hard to beat.... > > > > > > -- > > > Karl Fuls PLS > > > Autocad AEC Training and Consulting > > > Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups > > > > > > LandMan wrote: > > > > Good Day all. > > > > > > > > Ok this is probably a simple question so please excuse me for asking. > I > > have > > > > created a tool palette of blocks. Why do the blocks insert at > different > > > > scales depending on which drawing I am in. What drawing setting to I > > have to > > > > change. Thanks all. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

You may have already checked this, but if all of your blocks were created using the same insertion units, (inches, unitless, etc) make sure that under Format-Units that the 'Drag and Drop Scale' is set accordingly, and also that under Options-User Preferences the 'Drag and Drop Scale' is the same there. These may be two ways of accessing the exact same info., but I found them both, made sure they were what I wanted, and it solved my problem which sounds pretty similar to yours. Hope it helps. "LandMan" wrote in message news:4033f176_3@newsprd01... > Mine are are either correct or 2x the size depending on what drawing I > insert into > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:4033e086_3@newsprd01... > > I've been having the same problem. Check the scale and see if it is 1/12 > > (or 12x) what you want it to be. I believe it has something to do with > one > > drawing being set up for inches and one for feet but I haven't quite > figured > > it out yet. > > > > Brian > > > > "LandMan" wrote in message > > news:4033db87_3@newsprd01... > > > Different scales. That is why I am wondering is there a drawing setting > > that > > > is having a effect on these blocks. > > > > > > "Karl Fuls" wrote in message > > > news:4033d64a$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > Do they come in at different scales or are they always the same size, > > > > regardless of the scale of your drawing? > > > > > > > > I still think Symbol Manager is hard to beat.... > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Karl Fuls PLS > > > > Autocad AEC Training and Consulting > > > > Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups > > > > > > > > LandMan wrote: > > > > > Good Day all. > > > > > > > > > > Ok this is probably a simple question so please excuse me for > asking. > > I > > > have > > > > > created a tool palette of blocks. Why do the blocks insert at > > different > > > > > scales depending on which drawing I am in. What drawing setting to I > > > have to > > > > > change. Thanks all. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report