Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
rito
11696 Views, 7 Replies

block isolate

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to isolate a block. I have a block that is in a certain layer and I would like to delete all of them. However, when I try to isolate that layer, the blocks get turned off too.

Thanks!
Robyn
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rito

Insert your block and explode it. You will probably find several entities that are on different layers. Change all entities to Layer "0" (zero) and re-define it with the same name. You should be able to see your blocks. "rito" wrote in message news:21138474.1104343444374.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if there is a way to isolate a block. I have a block that is in a certain layer and I would like to delete all of them. However, when I try to isolate that layer, the blocks get turned off too. > > Thanks! > Robyn
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

window all entities on the layer, right click>quick select>block>name> type the name of your block in the correct spot> enter>delete Tom "rito" wrote in message news:21138474.1104343444374.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if there is a way to isolate a block. I have a block that > is in a certain layer and I would like to delete all of them. However, > when I try to isolate that layer, the blocks get turned off too. > > Thanks! > Robyn
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

You could also do a selection set, based on the block filter. Apply it, then erase previous. "rito" wrote in message news:21138474.1104343444374.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if there is a way to isolate a block. I have a block that is in a certain layer and I would like to delete all of them. However, when I try to isolate that layer, the blocks get turned off too. > > Thanks! > Robyn
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, Use the [Utilities][Create Selection Set] (or SS) to create a selection set of the blocks. You can then delete then by typing EP or EP -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "rito" wrote in message news:21138474.1104343444374.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if there is a way to isolate a block. I have a block that > is in a certain layer and I would like to delete all of them. However, > when I try to isolate that layer, the blocks get turned off too. > > Thanks! > Robyn
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

1. create layer called erase (or whatever you prefer to call it)
  2. right click on block and use pick block editor
  3. in block editor F1 will bring up properties
  4. highlight all in block and change all layers in block to created layer = erase (or whatever you prefer to call it)
  5. go back to drawing explode block using command = x
  6. command = layiso any of the exploded block erase all that exist
  7. command = layuniso

Fastest remedy I have found works in all versions

Best of Luck to all who venture to this old forum

P.S. Seven years later and no block Iso. Really? dissapointed in Autocad!Robot Mad

Message 7 of 8
Message 8 of 8

That command is not available in the ancient software being discussed in this forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report