Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bearing Labels do not match my entries

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
523 Views, 0 Replies

Bearing Labels do not match my entries

I had a hard drive crash and our IT guy set up my AutoCAD. It is not the way I had it and I am having problems finding the commands i want, HOWEVER... I loaded a lisp file called LALINE to add bearings and distances to my lines and began plotting the lines from a deed. I keyed in the following:

line <enter>

@165.21<S23.2041E <enter> 

A line appears. I can plot the entire boundary, it closes, and looks pretty accurate to me. Then I use LALINE to label the line and (to use the lineabove as an example) get a label that says the bearing is S23°18'15"E with a length of 165.21'. I continued to label the other lines, and while the lengths are accurate, the bearing on each and every line is off by a tiny amount that results in a difference that matters when the purpose is to create an exhibit to show whether or not our structure encroaches upon the adjoining parcel. It looks like we are okay, but if the boundary line is labeled wrong, I can't count on that, and it is completely impossible to convince the litigant that I really did enter the lines correctly, per the provided deeds and plats!

HELP!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report