Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Land Desktop is not initialized

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
twb117
1963 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Land Desktop is not initialized

I am using LDT 2005 with civil series and civil3d 2005an a p4 with a gig of RAM). I have installed all service packs, and everything was working well until today. I have one project in particular that when I started trying to do commands with point group descriptions, and then tplateing points from a cross section. It started acting funny. Currently I am getting the error "Autodesk Land Desktop is not initialized" when I try to use most of the commands. I have tried opening the same project on another computer and get the same results. I have already restored yesterday's backup 3 times and lost almost a whole days worth of work because this error keeps popping up. any ideas.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: twb117

close ldt5 and in the the ldt2005 install folder there is a batch file run_ldt2005.bat. double click on that file and try to run the routines. Steltman Software Easy to Use Productivity Tools for autodesk Land Desktop web http://www.rsteltman.com/ "twb117" wrote in message news:30918415.1105734080883.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am using LDT 2005 with civil series and civil3d 2005an a p4 with a gig of RAM). I have installed all service packs, and everything was working well until today. I have one project in particular that when I started trying to do commands with point group descriptions, and then tplateing points from a cross section. It started acting funny. Currently I am getting the error "Autodesk Land Desktop is not initialized" when I try to use most of the commands. I have tried opening the same project on another computer and get the same results. I have already restored yesterday's backup 3 times and lost almost a whole days worth of work because this error keeps popping up. any ideas.
Message 3 of 7
twb117

Running the batch didn't work. When I open this particular project (any .dwg) I get an Autodesk Land Desktop 2005 error stating Error setting current index - No Current Record. I think there is something happening to the point database, or something like that, but I'm not sure.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hey twb117; I found this tidbit in a Search of the Knowledge Base using the string "Error setting current index " without the ""... [KB text] ACC2000: How to Troubleshoot Corruption in a Microsoft Access Database (Q306204) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306204. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 306204 1.. If the file is corrupt and unrecoverable, exit Autodesk Land Desktop. 2.. Rename the .mdb file to .mdb.old. (In the Project folder) 3.. Restart Autodesk Land Desktop and the file will be recreated with a new (empty) database. 4.. You can now use Autodesk Land Desktop without the error messages. 5.. You will have to recreate your data or import it from another source. [KB text] HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "twb117" wrote in message news:1731308.1105968742680.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Running the batch didn't work. When I open this particular project (any .dwg) I get an Autodesk Land Desktop 2005 error stating Error setting current index - No Current Record. I think there is something happening to the point database, or something like that, but I'm not sure.
Message 5 of 7
mcgauley

I am getting the following error message inside Land Desktop 2005;
"Can't apply shared filelock on Point File" when accessing an alignment, however, the point file is locked in the cogo file. No other users are accessing the drawing or project file. After this error message another appears , it says, "AutoCAD Land Development Desktop is not initialized." However it is also.
This happens on only 1 computer and for only this 1 drawing. No other computer is receiving these errors.
I removed the software, completely, and reloaded it, successfully.
No other user is having any difficulty with this drawing or project folder. Any ideas?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Have you cleaned out all of the temporary files?

John P.
Message 7 of 7
ak_mcgauley

yes.
I noticed that when we open the drawing by ckicking on the Land Desktop 2005 Icon, during the program boot, Raster Design 2005 pops up in the start-up window.
The main problem is this "Can't open shared filelock on Point file" message. When I check under Map/Options/multi user it shows that the drawing has theability to file lock but it does not.
Also, when I check under Projects/project Manager/file locks it indicates that ther are NO file locks for the project.
Any Ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report