cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Tinnguyen123
969 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD noobs!

Hi guys, I'm new to the CAD industry(been at this for a year), and I came from a SW background... I got a simple problem, im sure someone here might know the answer.

lets say I have a drew a box.. it look connected, but its actually not..

Capture a.PNG

there's a REALLLLLLLY small gap... Is there a way i can join them using a command on autoCAD?

Capture b.PNG

Im using 2013.. I know about the JOIN command. In this case, it would do the trick, but I have to zoom in to the corner, and select the 2 segment. I want to be able to select the entire rectangle, use a command and it would join these lines together.. 

The reason I'm asking because I have a whole bunch of semi circles that should be circles.. and its in random locations and i need to close them up, some are closed, some isn't, some are semicircle.

What I've been doing is zoom in to every single circle making sure they're connected, use the join command on them. If tried using the JOIN command on 2 or more semi circle, all it does is create 2 semi circle polyline.

Also, sometime i pass by old drawings that have intersection that SHOULD be intersecting and its not. Its quite annoying to check them 1 by 1 and making sure that they actually connects.

Any help is greatly appreciated, it'll save me alot of time, thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
K_Woodruff
in reply to: Tinnguyen123

PEDIT -> M for multiple -> J for join -> select all objects you wish to combine -> then you enter in the "fuzz" (or gap) distance in which AutoCAD will force the closure of the ploylines

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report