Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are ther any subdivision or lot layout programs out there

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1929 Views, 11 Replies

Are ther any subdivision or lot layout programs out there

I use ldd4 (have ldd5, but not installed yet). Ldd4 has "parcels" for creating lots, but it seems extremely limited. Is there any subdivision or lot creation cad software available that would work within the autocad environment? It would be nice to select lines or curves to divide up a parcel, instead of having to go from point-to-point-to-point-to-point. Let me try to give an example. Lets say you have a "D" shaped parcel that contains 20 acres (871200 sq ft) and you want to split it up into 4-5 acre (217800 sq ft) Lots. The top and bottom of the "D" are N 90deg E and the west line of the "D" is N 00deg E. I want the lots to go from North to South with the front of the lots on the arc of the "D". The lot lines will have a bearing of N 90deg E. I want to use "slide bearing". Once I have selected it, its asks for "parcel first point" (no option for lines/curves). I'll start at the S.W. corner of the "D", I have selected my first point it asks for "next point (or curve)". I choose to select the S.E. corner of the "D" and its asks again ""next point (or curve)". Now I could type "c" for curve and select the curve, then select a point on a curve, then select the end point of the curve, then tell it if it is inside or outside, but this is only if I wanted to go around the "D". I want to devide up the "D" along the arc, so I hit enter after my last selection it asks for a "first direction", I select a point on the West side of the "D" and hit enter. It then asks for "second direction", Now what do I do? I don't have the option to select the arc. I can only select a point. Thanks, Doug
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also Civil 3d's lot layout seems to have improved and you might consider checking it out if you have it. "Doug N" wrote in message news:4107bc77_1@newsprd01... > I use ldd4 (have ldd5, but not installed yet). Ldd4 has "parcels" for > creating lots, but it seems extremely limited. Is there any subdivision or > lot > creation cad software available that would work within the autocad > environment? It would be nice to select lines or curves to divide up a > parcel, instead of having to go from point-to-point-to-point-to-point. > > Let me try to give an example. Lets say you have a "D" shaped parcel that > contains 20 acres (871200 sq ft) and you want to split it up into 4-5 acre > (217800 sq ft) Lots. The top and bottom of the "D" are N 90deg E and the > west line of the "D" is N 00deg E. I want the lots to go from North to > South with the front of the lots on the arc of the "D". The lot lines will > have a bearing of N 90deg E. > > I want to use "slide bearing". Once I have selected it, its asks for "parcel > first point" (no option for lines/curves). > > I'll start at the S.W. corner of the "D", I have selected my first point it > asks for "next point (or curve)". > > I choose to select the S.E. corner of the "D" and its asks again ""next > point (or curve)". > Now I could type "c" for curve and select the curve, then select a point on > a curve, then select the end point of the curve, then tell it if it is > inside or outside, but this is only if I wanted to go around the "D". I > want to devide up the "D" along the arc, so I hit enter after my last > selection it asks for a "first direction", I select a point on the West side > of the "D" and hit enter. > > It then asks for "second direction", Now what do I do? I don't have the > option to select the arc. I can only select a point. > > Thanks, > Doug > >
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

not sure if my first post made it. Check www.rsteltman.com. He has powerful applications for subdivision layout. "Doug N" wrote in message news:4107bc77_1@newsprd01... > I use ldd4 (have ldd5, but not installed yet). Ldd4 has "parcels" for > creating lots, but it seems extremely limited. Is there any subdivision or > lot > creation cad software available that would work within the autocad > environment? It would be nice to select lines or curves to divide up a > parcel, instead of having to go from point-to-point-to-point-to-point. > > Let me try to give an example. Lets say you have a "D" shaped parcel that > contains 20 acres (871200 sq ft) and you want to split it up into 4-5 acre > (217800 sq ft) Lots. The top and bottom of the "D" are N 90deg E and the > west line of the "D" is N 00deg E. I want the lots to go from North to > South with the front of the lots on the arc of the "D". The lot lines will > have a bearing of N 90deg E. > > I want to use "slide bearing". Once I have selected it, its asks for "parcel > first point" (no option for lines/curves). > > I'll start at the S.W. corner of the "D", I have selected my first point it > asks for "next point (or curve)". > > I choose to select the S.E. corner of the "D" and its asks again ""next > point (or curve)". > Now I could type "c" for curve and select the curve, then select a point on > a curve, then select the end point of the curve, then tell it if it is > inside or outside, but this is only if I wanted to go around the "D". I > want to devide up the "D" along the arc, so I hit enter after my last > selection it asks for a "first direction", I select a point on the West side > of the "D" and hit enter. > > It then asks for "second direction", Now what do I do? I don't have the > option to select the arc. I can only select a point. > > Thanks, > Doug > >
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

wow, pricey. might be good stuff, but the $$$ is a lot to spend on top of the LDD $$$ is it 2005 compatible? "Landman" wrote in message news:4107c221$1_3@newsprd01... > not sure if my first post made it. Check www.rsteltman.com. He has powerful > applications for subdivision layout.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

"Doug N" wrote in message news:4107bc77_1@newsprd01... | I use ldd4 (have ldd5, but not installed yet). Ldd4 has "parcels" for | creating lots, but it seems extremely limited. Is there any subdivision or | lot | creation cad software available that would work within the autocad | environment? It would be nice to select lines or curves to divide up a | parcel, instead of having to go from point-to-point-to-point-to-point. Use regular old AutoCad commands, offset, extend, fillet & etc. There is nothing sacred about using Parcel commands, they are not necessary! | Let me try to give an example. Lets say you have a "D" shaped parcel that | contains 20 acres (871200 sq ft) and you want to split it up into 4-5 acre | (217800 sq ft) Lots. The top and bottom of the "D" are N 90deg E and the | west line of the "D" is N 00deg E. I want the lots to go from North to | South with the front of the lots on the arc of the "D". The lot lines will | have a bearing of N 90deg E. | | I want to use "slide bearing". Once I have selected it, its asks for "parcel | first point" (no option for lines/curves). | | I'll start at the S.W. corner of the "D", I have selected my first point it | asks for "next point (or curve)". | | I choose to select the S.E. corner of the "D" and its asks again ""next | point (or curve)". | Now I could type "c" for curve and select the curve, then select a point on | a curve, then select the end point of the curve, then tell it if it is | inside or outside, but this is only if I wanted to go around the "D". I | want to devide up the "D" along the arc, so I hit enter after my last | selection it asks for a "first direction", I select a point on the West side | of the "D" and hit enter. | | It then asks for "second direction", Now what do I do? I don't have the | option to select the arc. I can only select a point. | | Thanks, | Doug | |
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I would have to disagree. I use those commands all day long, but if I had to take a 500 acre irregular shaped tract and cut it up into 5 acre lots it would take a very long time using just plain AutoCAD commands. I would have to draw, check area, adjust, check area, adjust, check area, draw, check area, etc, etc. Parcel commands do save time, but it could be much better. Doug "wfb" wrote in message news:4107d7d4$1_2@newsprd01... > > "Doug N" wrote in message > news:4107bc77_1@newsprd01... > | I use ldd4 (have ldd5, but not installed yet). Ldd4 has "parcels" for > | creating lots, but it seems extremely limited. Is there any subdivision or > | lot > | creation cad software available that would work within the autocad > | environment? It would be nice to select lines or curves to divide up a > | parcel, instead of having to go from point-to-point-to-point-to-point. > > Use regular old AutoCad commands, offset, extend, fillet & etc. There is > nothing sacred about using Parcel commands, they are not necessary! > > > > | Let me try to give an example. Lets say you have a "D" shaped parcel that > | contains 20 acres (871200 sq ft) and you want to split it up into 4-5 acre > | (217800 sq ft) Lots. The top and bottom of the "D" are N 90deg E and the > | west line of the "D" is N 00deg E. I want the lots to go from North to > | South with the front of the lots on the arc of the "D". The lot lines > will > | have a bearing of N 90deg E. > | > | I want to use "slide bearing". Once I have selected it, its asks for > "parcel > | first point" (no option for lines/curves). > | > | I'll start at the S.W. corner of the "D", I have selected my first point > it > | asks for "next point (or curve)". > | > | I choose to select the S.E. corner of the "D" and its asks again ""next > | point (or curve)". > | Now I could type "c" for curve and select the curve, then select a point > on > | a curve, then select the end point of the curve, then tell it if it is > | inside or outside, but this is only if I wanted to go around the "D". I > | want to devide up the "D" along the arc, so I hit enter after my last > | selection it asks for a "first direction", I select a point on the West > side > | of the "D" and hit enter. > | > | It then asks for "second direction", Now what do I do? I don't have the > | option to select the arc. I can only select a point. > | > | Thanks, > | Doug > | > | > >
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

It's a time is money thing. Sure the software cost allot. But if it saves you time, then it will pay for it self. And it's free for 30 days. Robert "doug k" wrote in message news:4107d602_2@newsprd01... > wow, pricey. might be good stuff, but the $$$ is a lot to spend on top of > the LDD $$$ > > is it 2005 compatible? > > "Landman" wrote in message > news:4107c221$1_3@newsprd01... > > not sure if my first post made it. Check www.rsteltman.com. He has > powerful > > applications for subdivision layout. > >
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Well, it looks like we need to have a friendly duel. There are minimum frontages, min. setbacks, etc. that the Parcel command can not handle. I will take Terry's LAR command and beat you into submission. IMHO. "Doug N" wrote in message news:4107e248$1_1@newsprd01... | I would have to disagree. I use those commands all day long, but if I had to | take a 500 acre irregular shaped tract and cut it up into 5 acre lots it | would take a very long time using just plain AutoCAD commands. I would have | to draw, check area, adjust, check area, adjust, check area, draw, check | area, etc, etc. Parcel commands do save time, but it could be much better. | | Doug | | | "wfb" wrote in message | news:4107d7d4$1_2@newsprd01... | > |
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

BPOLY and AREA............you really wouldn't need much else. Throw in a custom bearing/distance/arc labeler and you'd have about all you need, no? "Doug N" wrote in message news:4107e248$1_1@newsprd01... > I would have to disagree. I use those commands all day long, but if I had to > take a 500 acre irregular shaped tract and cut it up into 5 acre lots it > would take a very long time using just plain AutoCAD commands. I would have > to draw, check area, adjust, check area, adjust, check area, draw, check > area, etc, etc. Parcel commands do save time, but it could be much better. > > Doug
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I'm down with the BPOLY, also an incremental lot counter/labeler and area acre/sq ft labeler, and you're DONE in no time. "TomD" wrote in message news:41081572$1_1@newsprd01... > BPOLY and AREA............you really wouldn't need much else. > > Throw in a custom bearing/distance/arc labeler and you'd have about all you > need, no? > > "Doug N" wrote in message > news:4107e248$1_1@newsprd01... > > I would have to disagree. I use those commands all day long, but if I had > to > > take a 500 acre irregular shaped tract and cut it up into 5 acre lots it > > would take a very long time using just plain AutoCAD commands. I would > have > > to draw, check area, adjust, check area, adjust, check area, draw, check > > area, etc, etc. Parcel commands do save time, but it could be much > better. > > > > Doug > >
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Just curious but how would you get a precisely sized parcel if the lot you're subdividing is irregularly shaped without the parcel sizing routines? Bud Miller www.BudCAD.com Legal Descriptions. Parcel Reports. Point Group Automation. Layer Reports. Custom routines and consulting. "Oral Williams" wrote in message news:41082beb_1@newsprd01... > I'm down with the BPOLY, also an incremental lot counter/labeler and area > acre/sq ft labeler, and you're DONE in no time. > > "TomD" wrote in message > news:41081572$1_1@newsprd01... > > BPOLY and AREA............you really wouldn't need much else. > > > > Throw in a custom bearing/distance/arc labeler and you'd have about all > you > > need, no? > > > > "Doug N" wrote in message > > news:4107e248$1_1@newsprd01... > > > I would have to disagree. I use those commands all day long, but if I > had > > to > > > take a 500 acre irregular shaped tract and cut it up into 5 acre lots it > > > would take a very long time using just plain AutoCAD commands. I would > > have > > > to draw, check area, adjust, check area, adjust, check area, draw, check > > > area, etc, etc. Parcel commands do save time, but it could be much > > better. > > > > > > Doug > > > > > >
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

That would have to be trial and error, though even that, in most situations, wouldn't be terribly difficult. A grip edit here and there, check the area in the properties window and adjust. To be fair, I don't do subdivision work anymore and when I did, I was not using LDD. I have very little experience with LDD's parcel routines and after my experiences with surfaces/roads, I'm not inclined at all to pursue them. "Bud" wrote in message news:41091b5d_3@newsprd01... > Just curious but how would you get a precisely sized parcel if the lot > you're subdividing is irregularly shaped without the parcel sizing routines?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report