cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
rtesa
207 Views, 3 Replies

arcview user

Does anybody have arcview that would be willing to take some files and import them into arcview to create a drawing file? I have a directory of stuff that is hard to get meshed together correctly in autocad.

Thanks.

rene'
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rtesa

Have you tried AutoCAD Map that is included with LDD? "rtesa" wrote in message news:31157407.1096995298645.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Does anybody have arcview that would be willing to take some files and > import them into arcview to create a drawing file? I have a directory of > stuff that is hard to get meshed together correctly in autocad. > > Thanks. > > rene'
Message 3 of 4
ton0101010

try to export your acrview file to a point file and import there points to LDD to create a surface. You can display this surface in 3d lines, 3d face or in polymesh, then save it as a drawing file. (I HOPE IT WOULD HELP)
Message 4 of 4
siarnne

I'll echo one of the other responses. If you have LDT, you should look into using the Map functionality to import your arcinfo data.
Map can import geometry with attributtes and then alter that geometry on the basis of the attribute values. An example of this is that you can import an ESRI shape file containing contours with the elevations tagged as attribute fields.
You can then use the Query Engine in Map to set the contour geometry z-value to the value in the elevation attribute.
Once done, you can compile those contours into an existing ground surface.
The same analogy can be applied of points.
If you don't have map, then getting a free one-time conversion of your files from the discussion groups is dubious judgement.
Everything from symbology to geometric accuracy can be affected by conversion processes and while someone might be willing to run an arcinfo coverage through Map for you (at risk to their employment with the software owner), you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to take responsibility for the results.
If this is an academic project, I suggest you talk to the civil engineering department at a University.
If this is a commercial project; hire someone who owns a commercial seat of the software to do the conversion.
Having done a few of these myself, I can relate from experience that you'll pay for quality work or you'll pay for its absence.
John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report