AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial images in viewports @ various scales - LDD 2007 bug or corrupt data?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bcsurvey
2251 Views, 2 Replies

Aerial images in viewports @ various scales - LDD 2007 bug or corrupt data?

I have a drawing file whose paperspace contains several viewports at various scales and dview-twist angles. 3 of these contain aerial images, of which 1 is at 1:500 scale and the other 2 are at 1:40. When the aerial layer is turned OFF, I have NO problems doing anything in the file, model or paperspace. But as soon as the aerial layer is back ON, things change - I can work fine in model space, but in paperspace, any command entered locks the file up for at least 5 minutes, sometimes 10 or more. While things are locked, I am still able to open another instance of LDD and work in another file, or do anything else on the computer.

Have I put too many constraints on too much data (2+ GB) with having the variations in scale and dview twist angles? Is this a known problem?

I have an Intel Q9550 chip, Nvidia Quadro FX3700, and 3.25 GB of system memory.

Thanks
Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bcsurvey
in reply to: bcsurvey

Here is a link that I just found that solved SOME of the problems I was having:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9850038&linkID=9240618

A problem I'm still dealing with is a viewport which had it's model space contents rotated with the dview/twist operation. When I zoom in or out (in paperspace), the position of the aerial image relative to the linework which should correlate with it, changes. A plot preview is consistent, however, each of the plots I've made have shown this "shift" further apart each time. I'm at wits' end here . . .

Thanks
Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 3 of 3
bcsurvey
in reply to: bcsurvey

The solution to my problems (in case anyone is wondering) was to clip the appropriate images in model space to the region in model space of the viewport that displayed it, and use "copy with base point" under the edit menu to bring them into paperspace.  Then I scaled them down based on the previous viewport scale and moved them to the appropriate viewports, which now showed only the linework and field data, NOT the aerial image.  Once all imagery had been moved to paperspace, I deleted the images (image references) from model space.

When showing a plot PREVIEW, I still had a problem with the rotated image (previously dview/twist'ed) jumping around whenever I would scale in or out.  But as long as I just didn't do a plot preview, the plot would come out great, pdf's too.

Hope this helps somebody, although it looks like this particular discussion group is not as easily accessed anymore.  I'll be on C3D by tomorrow, but I'm sure there are countless others who will be depending on LDD for a while yet.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report