Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A License System error has occured

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2686 Views, 10 Replies

A License System error has occured

I have had Land Desktop 2005 installed on my PC for about a week now, and starting this morning everytime i try to open i get an error that reads "A License system error has occured. You must uninstall and reinstall this product to initialize the license management system." If this problem continues, contact your system administrator or authorised Autodesk product dealer. Error [1.1.98]" This also happend on the other computer i have testing the program yesterday. We use standalone copies individualy installed on each PC. Thanks in adance for any response's. Bobby
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bobby, Something has interfered with the product activation service used to manage the Land desktop license. Have you installed any new applications between the last time Land worked successfully and the error this morning, or made changes to any of your services or registry? Either way, uninstalling and then reinstalling Land Desktop will resolve the issue and you should not need to reactivate. Regards, Greg Suppes Autodesk, Inc. "Bobby Bolin" wrote in message news:Xns94E266849D87Arbolinbaxengineering@132.188.2.160... > I have had Land Desktop 2005 installed on my PC for about a week now, and > starting this morning everytime i try to open i get an error that reads "A > License system error has occured. You must uninstall and reinstall this > product to initialize the license management system." If this problem > continues, contact your system administrator or authorised Autodesk product > dealer. Error [1.1.98]" > > This also happend on the other computer i have testing the program > yesterday. > > We use standalone copies individualy installed on each PC. > > > Thanks in adance for any response's. > > Bobby
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for the timely response. I have not installed anything since i last used it. I had a drawing trying to recover in 2004 and needed to open a different drawing so i tried to open 2005 and started getting this error. Bobby
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Did you check out the read.me file? Autodesk Civil 3D 2004, Autodesk Land Desktop 2004, Autodesk Land Desktop 3, Civil Series 2004, Civil Series 3: When you install Autodesk Land Desktop 2005 on a computer that has any of these other Autodesk products on it, you will need to take the following steps to ensure the products work correctly together: 1. Start the Autodesk product (as listed above). 2. Open the Options dialog box by entering Options at the command line. 3. Click the Files tab and expand the Support File Search Path collection. 4. Click the Add button, and enter the path for the installation of the Autodesk product. For example, enter C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2004\. 5. Click the Add button, and enter the path for the \Land subfolder. For example, enter C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2004\Land\. Note: For Autodesk Civil 3D, enter C:\Program Files\Autodesk Civil 3D\Civil\. 6. Close the Options dialog box and exit the Autodesk product. Next, you will need to remove the same paths from the environment variables. To do this, administrator privileges are required. 7. Right click My Computer on your desktop and select the Properties command. 8. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab. 9. Click the Environment Variables button. 10. Under System Variables, click the Path variable and then click Edit. 11. In the Variable Value box, locate the installation and installation \Land or \Civil paths and delete them. For example, for Land Desktop 2004, you would delete the following paths: C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2004\ C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2004\Land\ 12. Click OK three times until you have closed out of all the open properties dialog boxes. sm -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "Bobby Bolin" wrote in message news:Xns94E26F05EC136rbolinbaxengineering@132.188.2.160... > Thanks for the timely response. > > I have not installed anything since i last used it. I had a drawing trying > to recover in 2004 and needed to open a different drawing so i tried to > open 2005 and started getting this error. > > Bobby
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I did read that after i had installed it on my PC which had Land 04, civil 04, and survey 04. It worked for about a week before any problems.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Are you running the batch file before you run 2005? sm -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "Bobby Bolin" wrote in message news:Xns94E283E691D43rbolinbaxengineering@132.188.2.160... > I did read that after i had installed it on my PC which had Land 04, civil > 04, and survey 04. It worked for about a week before any problems.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I didn't run any batch file. the only batch file i know about is the one they emailed out for the beta release which i never installed.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I'm grinnin' from ear to ear - tell Greg hey for me! There's a batch file you need to run before running 2005, it's in the base installation directory. Note about it in the read.me file (runldt_2005.bat). Now if you would have said where you were, I would have suggested it was all Greg's fault, something he must have done, in a hurry, not reading directions, I'm sure you know how he works - probably had some of his nasty home brew still working in his system! ;) sm -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "Bobby Bolin" wrote in message news:Xns94E292F1DBD69rbolinbaxengineering@132.188.2.160... > I didn't run any batch file. the only batch file i know about is the one > they emailed out for the beta release which i never installed.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for all the help Scott.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Any time, glad we got it workin' "Bobby Bolin" wrote in message news:Xns94E29D30F8019rbolinbaxengineering@132.188.2.160... > Thanks for all the help Scott. >
Message 11 of 11
aviatedman

Hey Scott, think you can help me out with this?

I have a slightly different problem. My OS crashed last week (Windows XP) and upon reinstalling, I had to uninstall and reinstall 3ds Max 9. I’ve had to do this 3 times for various reasons in the past and never had a problem. THIS time after reinstalling Windows, when I click the icon to launch Max, I get the follow error:

“A License system error has occured. You must uninstall and reinstall this product to initialize the license management system.” If this problem continues, contact your system administrator or authorised Autodesk product dealer. Error [1.1.98]”

I have removed anti-virus entirely and shut off my windows firewall during the installation period and the same error pops up. Autodesk takes your $4,000 and and pretty much says F* You to support their own software so are what are the alternatives to fixing this problem? Any ideas? : /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report