AutoCAD Freestyle (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the aim of this project exactly ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pangabada
432 Views, 2 Replies

What is the aim of this project exactly ?

Hi,

I'm a french landscape architect, and I work everyday with autocad to make my technical plans. In order to make good presentations of my works, I'm using other software like Corel Draw or Inkscape to import my dwg or dxf files and to give a good look to my plans. Project cooper seems to be the future solution for me, but I have some questions.

For now, the demo not allows paper size bigger than A3. Will the release version support any paper format ?
Which kind of data can we import in Cooper in the future ? Rasters, Vectors ? Format files ?

Is this software will be more or less the same thing that Google did with Layout that help to make presentations from SketchUp models ?

Thanks for answering, and good continuation.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Pangabada

Good question....I don't get it either.

For landscape work, have a look at Impression...it's excellent. Link below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=9246650&siteID=123112

Cheers.

Ric Norris.

wrote in message news:6295831@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi,

I'm a french landscape architect, and I work everyday with autocad to make
my technical plans. In order to make good presentations of my works, I'm
using other software like Corel Draw or Inkscape to import my dwg or dxf
files and to give a good look to my plans. Project cooper seems to be the
future solution for me, but I have some questions.

For now, the demo not allows paper size bigger than A3. Will the release
version support any paper format ?
Which kind of data can we import in Cooper in the future ? Rasters, Vectors
? Format files ?

Is this software will be more or less the same thing that Google did with
Layout that help to make presentations from SketchUp models ?

Thanks for answering, and good continuation.
Message 3 of 3
yschober
in reply to: Pangabada

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! Project Cooper is primarily designed for individuals who are not trained in CAD but need an occational drafting program for simple diagraming, sketching, etc. This includes non-professionals who work on small projects (for example home remodels, woodworking etc.) or professionals that are not usually involved in drafting but that may need occational access to a simple layout and drafting tool like Project Cooper.

That said, Project Cooper can be used in many different ways and can certainly be used for simple renderings as you suggest.

You can already import raster images via the 'Insert Picture' button in the Toolbar. You can also open some non-native dwg files in Project Cooper, but the number of files that are supported at this point are very limited. We are working to change that - and will be supporting many more non-native dwg-files (for example from AutoCAD) soon.

Project Cooper is different from Google Layout in that it is primarily meant to stand on it's own, while Layout is mainly a support tools for Google SketchUp.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Yan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report