Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 2 Now available

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
crounsl
2230 Views, 10 Replies

Update 2 Now available

Update #2 to Project Cooper will be available very soon. To install, just open your current version of the application and follow the prompts.

The first thing that you will notice is that we have a new name! Project Cooper is now the AutoCAD Freestyle Technology Preview.

The second major change for this update is that you can now open DWG files from other applications, such as AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture. This was a highly requested feature and we look forward to hearing what you think of our implementation. I have attached a document to this post that explains the ins and outs of how this works.

Enjoy the update and keep the feedback coming.

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager, AutoCAD Freestyle Technology Preview Edited by: crounsl on Feb 19, 2010 6:37 PM

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
GWAGWA
in reply to: crounsl

Just tried to run Cooper and it wanted to install the update. However, I ran into an error and now it will not install. I tried to install from the website as well and that fails as well. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas about how to get it installed again?

-Update-
Tried it again and it installed this time. Maybe I was just somehow on the cutting edge of the new version being available. Called Freestyle now? Edited by: Troy Hornung on Feb 19, 2010 7:02 PM
Message 3 of 11
crounsl

hi Troy -

I think that you hit the site while the switched were still flipping on. Hopefully you have the latest and greatest and are good to go.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 4 of 11
GWAGWA

Thanks Lisa.

Do you have any advice for me? The new version has taken over my dwg associations and I can't seem to direct the launcher otherwise. I tried manually choosing to launch with LT for example and I still get Freestyle launching the file.

To make matters worse- Freestyle is so slow I cannot even try it. If it loads all the way I get slow mouse, etc and I have to force-quit.

I will un-install for now and hope my associations are fixed. Maybe I need to wait a bit to try Freestyle again.

Troy
Message 5 of 11
crounsl

hi Troy -

The file association is a known issue and there is a fix for it that you can do on your side. To change the DWG file association from AutoCAD Freestyle back to AutoCAD LT right click any DWG file and select Properties. Then in the Properties dialog you should see under the General tab the “Type of file:” and “Opens with:”. Click the Change button and then select AutoCAD LT in the list presented. This will update the file association back to LT for all of your drawing files.

As for the performance, can you tell us a bit about the machine that you are running it on - operating system, memory, etc.

Lisa Edited by: crounsl on Feb 19, 2010 9:02 PM

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 6 of 11
GWAGWA

Sure Lisa- Thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled Freestyle and tried re-associated my dwg type. I have it launching with full cad, but not LT just yet. Part of the problem is that after the Freestyle install Autocad was bumped from the used programs list. Any time I manually chose the run with AutocadLT it goes back into Launcher which chose Freestyle and now chooses Full Autocad. Is there a way to see the Launcher settings?

I am running XP SP3 on a Dell M2300 with a Dual Core CPU of 2,50Ghz and 3.5GB of RAM. I regularly run LT2010 and occasionally full 2010 with numerous other apps open. Let me know if you would like any other specific info.
Message 7 of 11
mwn
Community Manager

Hi Troy,

Sorry for the problems you are having. For file association, can you please select the Browse... button in the Open With dialog and select the ACLT.exe file in the AutoCAD LT folder. This will set LT to be the default application to open DWG files.

For the Performance issues, when you get Freestyle up and running, right click and select Options > General Settings. Uncheck the "Use hardware acceleration for better performance" checkbox. Close Freestyle and restart.

Please let me know if either of these resolves your problems. Thanks for taking the time to try AutoCAD Freestyle.

Michael Nauman
AutoCAD Freestyle TD Lead
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 8 of 11
GWAGWA

Thanks for the follow-up Michael.

I have uninstalled Freestyle for now, but for future referenceI- I did use the "Open with" selection and it would still bump me into Freestyle. No matter which Autocad I chose it would bump into the dwg launcher which would choose freestyle.

Troy
Message 9 of 11
mikiwo

Hello,
thanks for introducing opening standard dwg-files. There is a bit of a disappointment with my very first try. The line widths contained within the dwg were somewhat too fat for FS. I could hardly make out any endpoints and no intersections. That maybe because whoever created the dwg I was trying to import/open did not set the units to anything, ie the design was done in millimeters while the file itself thought imperially.
So is there perhaps a way of switching off the wysiwyg line display in FS?
By the way, has anything else changed? Apart from the name? A scaling command would be greatly appreciated, as would be numeric entry for lengths, widths etc.
Cheers,
Michael
Message 10 of 11
crounsl

hi Michael -

If you wouldn't mind, it would be great if you could share your file with us so we can troubleshoot. You can send it directly to lisa.crounse at autodesk.com. The file should appear exactly as it did in the source application.

DWG open and the name change are the new features for this release (as well as some bug fixes). Scaling and numeric entry are tops on our customer wishlist so stay tuned on those.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle Technology Preview

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 11 of 11
ziyaslan_mimar

excume me.how can i download this program.?  Can u give me a link?

Regards,
Architect
Ziya ASLAN
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report