Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to buy from outside the US?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
patrick.emin
2078 Views, 16 Replies

No way to buy from outside the US?

Apparently, there is no way to buy this software outside the USA. What is the reason and would'nt it be nice to your customers to tell them they can't buy the software *before* they fill all the forms? Just an idea!

Patrick Emin animateur de la communauté francophone

Vous avez trouvé un message utile? Alors donnez un "J'aime" à ce message!
Votre question a eu une réponse satisfaisante? Voulez vous avoir l'amabilité de cliquer sur le bouton
 APPROUVER LA SOLUTION  en bas de la réponse qui apporte une solution?
Signez notre Livre d'Or
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Agree, I go through the whole entering all my data only to be told at the end it's not available. Why not, it's an electronic download, why can't we buy it from outside of the US? It's on a "special" price at the moment, which I'd like to take advantage of, having used the initial versions a bit.
Message 3 of 18
crounsl
in reply to: patrick.emin

hi -

We all wish that international distribution were easier. First and foremost, we will have the website updated with information about distribution.

If you are outside of the US or Canada, please post your country name on this thread so we can see where we need to focus our efforts.

Thanks for your interest in AutoCAD Freestyle. We are hoping to resolve this soon.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 4 of 18
trevorcsr

Help

I live in the United Kingdom and it appears we are not allowed to use or buy this software for some reason.

Can anyone buy it for me in the U.S or Canada I will refund the fee and any fees payable.

I need this urgently for my business
Message 5 of 18
crounsl

In all fairness, I just want to warn you that this will not work. Our EULA explicitly states that you are not allowed to use the software outside of the jurisdiction where it was purchased. Even if you did get someone to send it to you, the serial number would not work.

We are working hard to expand our distribution for this product - just a few more import/export hurdles to get over.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 6 of 18
trevorcsr

Sorry I don't understand. I was able to download a free trial and on the site it did ask the country I was in - being the UK. Do I take it I must now delete this trial from my computer as I am now acting illegal and cannot keep for the 30 days.

If this is the case I appologize as I did not understand this.

Trevor
Message 7 of 18
crounsl

hi Trevor -

It is okay to use the trial version outside of the US and Canada.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 8 of 18
District6

Hi,

I am from South Africa and obviously have the same question on international availability of the Freestyle product. When will this be available to the international market as I would also like to make use of the current discounted price. I tried to download a trial copy as you indicated that this is allowed, but with no success as I keep on getting back an error indicating unsuccessful installation. Can this not be downloaded to South Africa at all?
Message 9 of 18
crounsl

You should be able to download the trial in South Africa. Can you give me a bit more information about the error message that you are receiving? Did you have the technology preview version installed at any point?

Also, if you want us to add you name to a list that will get notified when we have international availability, please submit your information on this form: https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/feedback

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 10 of 18
District6

Hi Lisa,

Firstly, I did not install the technology preview version at any stage. However, I have a trial copy of both AutoCAD 2010 (expired) and 2010 LT (current) on my computer. Could this have any effect?

Secondly, the error message appears after the "Installation in progress" window pops up and it displays as follows: "Your installation of AutoCAD Freestyle was not successful". I have checked the log file and the log appears as follows:
"Download Eula.
Download Pit.
Download Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
Installing Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
Unzip Error: Failed to open the ZIP file.
Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603."

Thanks,
District6
Message 11 of 18
luckyxumin

Hi District6,

Sorry to see that you are having troubles with the installation. From the log, that's because the ZIP file you downloaded is broken. Please use "Tools > Internet Options... > Delete... > Delete Files" to delete the cached ZIP file and try the installation again.

Thanks,
Min

Message 12 of 18
gxcartemis

I'm in Sydney, Australia and keen to purchase when it's available.

I also had same installation error, but restarted the install with WINZIP already open and it restarted where it had left off and completed successfully.
Message 13 of 18
jovojovo
in reply to: gxcartemis

I live in Australia , I used a lot of different programs before I tried freestyle. I want to buy it, but was very disappointed that this was not possible.

Message 14 of 18
Gompje

I live in Belgium and because of that I am not allowed to pay for this program.

This is very stupid and strange, I don't understand why that is so difficult: it's just a download and key by mail!

Why do you let us download the trail then in the first place? Just issue an IP block like all the other stupid sites or at least  place a big fat sign on the download page with "non US-citizens beware: you cannot buy the full version".

Now I have a program on my computer that because the trail is expired, does nothing. A program that is clearly still in beta but still I want to pay for it, because for now I can live with the shortcomings. The early adopter price of 49$ seems fair.

But you guys don't want my money... because I don't live in the 'right' country...

You guys do know that internet is global ... right?!

Message 15 of 18
trevorcsr

Is there any progress on being able to buy in the UK.

I appreciate that you are a small business and this takes a lot of legal work/ person hours to do.

Have you thought about outsourcing this as I am sure like me a lot of people want this programme especially as the functions are second to none and with tablets coming onto the market this is a consultants dream.

I am really stuck without it. Fed up using pencil and paper as nothing else on the market does what i need desperately.

Message 16 of 18
lionelow

I am from Australia. Why can't we buy Freestyle? There is supposed to be a FREE TRADE agreement between Australia and the US! Why do the US government stop you from selling it to us here?  I think that restriction breaks the agreement.

Message 17 of 18
FancyNancy
in reply to: crounsl

Hi Lisa

I ordered a boxed version of Freestyle ex Oregon USA (home) to take with me to Australia as a key resource for a tempory assignment I have for 6 months.  I wont be taking my PC (new laptop waiting for me) and I need to be certain that I can load/use Freestyle once I get there. 

I am alarmed at reading that many have bought this software only to find the 'fine print' that it is not useable outside USA and Canada. 

I have invested a lot of time in learning this product both on the trial version and with colleagues that have this software and cannot see the point in learning another package when our company has standardised on Autocad.

I bought Freestyle as an American, in the USA and at a loss to understand why I cannot use it during my travels.  Clearly I could have used it down under if I travelled with my old laptop ...... as I am sure many do.

I would apprecaite understanding why Autocad is limiting this fine product to just 2 countries.

Could you please give a date for Freestyles international release?

Could you also confirm that Autocad will honor those 'boxed' purchases, that have found their way overseas and 'apparently' cannot be used .......... once the product is released for interational sale?  

Regards, Nancy

Message 18 of 18
LANTERN22
in reply to: luckyxumin

Hi All

Like many, I would love to see Freestyle available for sale outside the US.

I run a small design & build firm in the UK and after using the trial for a short period I decided that Freestyle would be absolutely ideal for my work.

Sadly I have had to resort to using alternative software which is a bit time consuming but seems to be paying off pretty well.

I would still like to see Freestyle on these shores one day, but I'm sure you'll appreciate that many people in my position just cannot keep on waiting.

Best regards

Tony 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report